Monday, September 12, 2016

encouragement


I read some really comforting passages of Scripture this morning, and I thought I would share them.  For anyone going through a hard time right now, may these words strengthen you and bring you peace.

2 Corinthians 1:4

He comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18

For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory.  So we do no focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."  Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me.  So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I know of some people, family and friends, who are going through some big things today, or in the days to come.  I pray these words encourage them (if they read this) and I pray that they (and all of us) have the kind of peace that can only come from Christ Jesus.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...