Wednesday, July 27, 2016

life this week

I love that my mom is retired nowadays.  One day last week, the boys and I went to her house for lunch because we hadn't seen her in a few weeks.  On Monday, we grocery shopped together.  We went to Sam's, then to Costco for lunch first, then more groceries (for me).  I love doing little mundane things like that together.  Graham and Drew were helping a friend move into her middle school classroom that day, so it was just Jonah and Noah that went with us.

Because I was gone most of Monday, I requested that everyone be at home on Tuesday for cleaning.  We spent all morning doing just that, and my house is still pretty clean.  Except for the dog hair all over the floor, that I hate, but what is one to do?


I even mopped, which I usually don't do.  The floor was spotless for about an hour, then life started happening again, and now it's no longer spotless.  This was Twinkles, hanging out on the rug while I took this picture.  She doesn't always turn her back on me, though...maybe she was upset with me.

For those of you who knew that we had two cats, we had to have one of them put to sleep a couple weeks ago.  I never mentioned it, but she had a lot of issues going on: she had a messed up thyroid, and it turns out that she was in kidney failure and seemed like she was in pain.  She had also stopped eating.  This was Skippy, the kitty who lived in my bathroom upstairs, because the dogs stressed her out.  It was a sad day for us when we made that decision, but we felt like it was the most humane thing to do, because who wants to watch a pet suffer?  She lived a long and happy life, and was fourteen years old.


I made beer cheddar joe's for my family last night and they love  topping them off with an array of hot sauces.  I think they have a small addiction.

I went out to dinner with a sweet, sweet friend of mine last night.  We determined that we would be friends forever, because we know too much about each other.  This is my friend Andrea, who I met through our homeschool group.  She is one of my very best friends, and I love time with her.  We met for dinner at Swanky's, then sat in her car and laughed ourselves silly until ten thirty last night.

She is a friend who has walked before me in this homeschooling journey, and she helps me out all the time with advice.  Especially since Graham is a senior this school year.

Gulp.

And speaking of that, I spent my morning drinking coffee and signing him up for the ACT and listing the top four college choices.

I might have just almost gotten sick.  I cannot believe he is the age that he is, and that I am thinking about all of the things that he needs to do this year.  It's a bit overwhelming, but I can no longer remain in denial, and I got the ball started this morning.

I found a spiral notebook and have started it for him with all the important information that I will need, and I'll add a folder (as soon as I buy one) to hold tickets and such that he will need.  This is all thanks to Andrea, who gave me these ideas last night.  Also in the spiral, I'll keep track of what we're using as their curriculum for school.  I don't know why I never thought of that before, but I suppose it's better late than never.

It's been a busy morning.  And it took several hours, but I'm glad I got a start.  That helps me not dread it anymore.  Sometimes just the thought of starting will make me panic.  (Please tell me I'm not alone?)

Before I forget, look what came out today!


The scripture writing plan for August is up from http://www.swtblessings.com/.

Well.  I have laundry waiting and hungry kiddos nearby, so I guess I'd better go take care of them all.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...