Monday, July 18, 2016

High School Beach Camp

This summer has been such great fun!  Full of trips and ministry projects and new things, and I am so thankful to God for all that He has allowed me to do.  Also, I have the GREATEST family and friends in all of the land.  All glory to God for them, too, because only He knows how long I prayed for them.
This was my last trip before school starts (Notice I didn't say "last trip of the summer", because we go on our family vacation at the end of August!) and it was a grand time.  This was also my first time to Daytona Beach, Florida, and one thing I never got used to was seeing cars drive on the beach.  Seriously.  People would drive in the sand, park and lay out beside their parked cars.  Crazy!

It was a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG drive there.


Missy and I were bus buddies and this was us before the misery of the seat situation and the seat belt sunk in.  I finally gave in and laid down on the actual floor of the bus and slept a good portion of the night.  I am too old for that, but I sure did sleep decently.  Missy, on the other hand, not so much.

We arrived at one thirty, had lunch, then everyone had free time while Missy and I picked up a rental car and groceries for the week at Sam's.  We got back and unloaded, left to get dinner and then went to the service.


DAVID PLATT WAS OUR SPEAKER.  He was every bit as amazing as you would assume.

After the service that night, we had small group time with our groups of students, and I had "my" girls, the ones who will be seniors in three short weeks.

This one and myself were roommates and shared a bed all week.  Thankfully, we were so exhausted each day that we didn't bother one another.


The next morning, we got up early for quiet time and breakfast, then headed to the convention center for morning worship.  We got to drive the rental car all week because we were in charge of all the food throughout the week.  We had to leave early to go meet the lady who was delivering lunch that day, then we ate, had small group time, then free time every day was from one to five thirty, when we would eat dinner.



The girls stayed on the beach, and I went out there a few times (three), then pretty much planted myself in the pool.



Worship each night was amazing!


On Tuesday and Thursday nights, the only place that would hold us all was our hallway.  There were thirty thousand extra people in the city of Daytona Beach last week, and a few of those thousands were in our hotel.




We played on the beach Tuesday and Thursday nights.


More worship service before pictures....


Where we ate all our meals outside.


Where I enjoyed quiet time every day.






We went out on the beach Thursday morning at seven thirty for group pictures.  I love these ladies and students so much!  I am so thankful that I get to serve alongside them all.  It's a joy and a privilege, also, to be able to pour into these students.  I love them all like they're my own, and I feel that we all came away from camp closer to God and to one another.


No words.  Just love for this one.  We were hot and sweaty.



Last night of worship and more sweet students.

And then, the bus ride home began bright and early Friday morning.  I slept the entire bus ride.  I'd wake up and get off, then fall right back to sleep.  Thank goodness for that, because that kept me from being so tired over the weekend.

Thanks for reading.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...