Wednesday, July 20, 2016

a little of life after camp

After a very full summer, I have been soaking up the relaxation this week brought about.  I won't bore you with all the laundry details, but I am so thankful that every time I came home, I came home to a clean house.  Jonah and Noah (and Todd) did a great job of keeping up the house stuff while I was away, and I came home to beds that were made and clean floors.

That does my heart good, y'all.  I love coming home to a clean house.

Here's what's been going on since Saturday.

Todd worked that night, but the boys and I went to some friends' house for a little Navajo mini-reunion.


Marissa and her mom Belinda and brother, Cole, were all in town for a wedding, and we took advantage of her time her and planned this night.  I love this family so much!

I love Noah in the background, too.

We spent Sunday at church, then went out for lunch, then to Rack Room to buy new shoes for the boys.  After that the older two had to come home and pack up for half a week away at kids camp.


My friend Mary took this picture, but I couldn't find one of Drew.  This is their fifth year to go as counselors.  It looks like it's been a great week, and our new young families pastor has outdone himself.


I've been having really great quiet times each morning.  I love my journal that you see in this picture, and I love my bible that my dad and stepmom bought me for Christmas last year.

More than that, I love the word of God.  I am so thankful that I have it to live by.


I made a grocery trip and got some things.  My lunch this week has been cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches on pumpernickel bread.  They are so good and light, which is good, since it's eight hundred and thirty six degrees here all week.


I have been reading this book and am almost finished with it.  I have three chapters to go, then I might pick it up and read it again in the coming months.  It's all about relationships we as women have with other women.  Mentoring and discipleship are always on my brain, and this is a book all about how to go about that.  It is so good!  You should read it for yourself.


After my quiet time each morning, I've made myself breakfast (rye toast and orange juice) and gotten started with my bible study homework.  I'm studying the fruits of the Spirit, and the week I just finished was on joy.  I can't wait for next week, when it's on peace.

I've gotten out a time or two each day and then come home and put pajama's back on.  Apparently, I don't love regular clothes when it's a thousand degrees outside and prefer light and airy pj's.  On Monday, Jonah, Noah and I rented a couple movies~The Good Dinosaur and Kung Fu Panda 3.  I've read and read some more.  I've caught up on my favorite blogs.  And today, we are going to my mom's house for lunch.  This afternoon my older boys come home!  I'll meet them at church around dinner time.

Love to all!  Don't die in the heat.


2 comments:

  1. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences.
    ClearView Surfaces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and for the comment love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...