Monday, May 2, 2016

the weekend

This was one of those weekends that I struggled with the realization that my boys are growing up on me.  I'm not "that mom", I promise...you know the one, the one who won't cut her apron strings and let her kids go a little.  But it hit me this weekend that they're just getting older.  The older two were gone almost the entire weekend, to Music Fest which takes place every year in downtown Memphis.  They begged to go last year, but we didn't let them.  When we found out that some of their friends were going, along with a set of parents from our church, we decided to let them go.  And they rode with our friends, which made me feel so much better about the whole thing.

They had a blast.  On Friday and Saturday they left home at four in the afternoon and didn't return until after one the next morning.  I couldn't wait up for them, so I had them wake me up when they got home both nights (mornings).

On Friday night, Jonah, Noah and I did not do a thing.  We ate the dinner I had made on Thursday and none of their friends could come over.  It was kinda pitiful, I won't lie.  I didn't feel great, either, I think because of the rain and the pressure I felt in my head.

It was low key and after a while of watching tv, we all went upstairs fairly early.  I felt tons better the next day when I woke up.

On Saturday, I did laundry and the kids just hung out around here.  A friend came over and Graham and Drew slept part of the morning away.  I woke them up at eleven thirty.  While they slept and while the younger ones were out and about in the neighborhood, I cleaned out our tornado closet.  This is a huge deal, folks.  That closet stays messy because we use it to store things.  (It's the closet under our stairs.)  I threw away two trash bags of stuff and Drew took a bed full of junk to the Goodwill.

Shortly after that, Jonah, Noah, Alex and I all left for my mom's.  We had dinner out there that night, and since I'd been so busy at home all day, I did my fingernails at her house that night.  I had to borrow some polish and such, but fortunately, she had all the stuff I use at my house.


Thanks, Mom!

We were there until about eight, then we came home and the boys headed upstairs and I watched part of a movie....but I was so tired I couldn't finish it.

And just a random thing, lately when I crave a little something sweet at night, I've been having these for a snack at around seven thirty, and a little glass of milk.


Anybody else?  Have you tried these?  I'm almost out, and need to buy some more today.  I have to make a Costco run.

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore, when church is so good each week, but our pastor outdid himself yesterday.  Again.  I couldn't take notes fast enough.  He preached on the prodigal son, and though I've heard that story a thousand times, I got something new out of it!


I couldn't write fast enough.  This was my second page of church notes.

How was your weekend?  What are you looking forward to?  I'd love to hear from you.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...