Thursday, May 5, 2016

our new Thursday

Last week was our last day of homeschool group, and all of a sudden, I'm finding myself with a new type of Thursday.  I will be honest and say how nice it is to be able to wake up early and not to rush off to our class, but I know that come the fall, I'll be missing that time.  It's funny how in the span of a few years I went from hating Thursday's to loving them.

We are also finishing up school work and such, so today is a low key day around these parts.  Actually, most of us are about to go our separate ways.  Drew, Jonah and Noah are going to my dad's to do yardwork~Drew on the big tractor in the back pasture, and Jonah and Noah on the little John Deere for the yard around the house and by the lake.  Graham will be at home finishing work and I have a doctor's appointment and a date with the treadmill at my church's gym.

Speaking of that, I am so grateful I met my walking goal yesterday!


I really am trying to eat healthy and I am trying to meet this walking goal several times each week.  I don't want to say that I will do this EVERY day, because I need to be realistic, but four days every week would be great, and I would be satisfied with that.  Also, I have some health things that have popped up, and if I'm totally honest, I will say that I need to lose weight.  The only reason I mention that on this blog is so that you can pray for me to be diligent in this.

First off, my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and as His temple, it needs to be glorifying to God.  Secondly, it's health related.  I have no designated number in mind, because I'm not doing this to be vain.  And even if I did have a number in mind, I don't own a scale.

I covet your prayers.

As far as the eating goes, I'm trying to eat better and more healthy.  More things from the earth (veggies, fruits, chicken, fish, occasional burger with no bun or other red meat) and less from the inside aisles at Kroger.  If I do eat something NOT from the earth, I try to make it something low calorie.  For dessert every night, I eat a Kind bar.  It's non GMO, gluten free and only 100 calories.  I drink two cups of coffee in the morning, water all day, and a glass of milk at night.

None of this is perfect or part of a plan, it's just my version of a healthier diet.

Anyway.  I felt the need to share and keep things honest on the blog.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for the prayers.  I so appreciate them!

Love to all.

3 comments:

3jays said...

Look at trim healthy mama, a lot of people are having success with that. I'm doing paleo and it's been great. I'm under 200 for the first time in many years. It has been easier than I thought.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I will do that now, Ester, thanks! And that is awesome! Way to go.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I will do that now, Ester, thanks! And that is awesome! Way to go.

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...