Monday, April 4, 2016

weekend catch-up

The weekend went by so fast...and I know this week will as well.  Does anyone else have that issue with time and it moving with lightning speed?  I really would love for it to slow down.

On Friday night, we went to my dad's for dinner and so that I could spend more than five minutes with my sister Terri.  We had a delicious dinner and enjoyed sitting around talking.  My niece (who is in similar age to me) and her husband and their daughter (my GREAT niece!) were all there as well.


Is that not the sweetest sight?  Sweet Claire and all these boys.  They all adored her.  I love seeing my niece~she is only a few years younger than me and I have adored her for as long as I can remember.  I'm pretty sure I used to pretend she was my little sister.  We have always lived away from each other, so it's a rare occasion that we get to catch up in person.  And I am so mad that I didn't get a picture of us.  Here's one from last summer, though!  I got to see her when we went to high school camp near the town she lives in.


We tried to get a sisters and daddy pose, but then Drew happened.


The nerd.  He loves to photo bomb a picture.

On Saturday, Todd, Graham and Jonah went and took the Bronco to a muffler shop to get something worked on, and in that process, had Flowmasters put on for Graham's birthday.  (He helped pay for it.)  It sounds all loud and rumbly (and awesome) now.

He is in heaven.

While they were gone, I worked on Colossians three that I'm memorizing with Abbey.  I made a video of me saying it so that I could text it to her, but it was too long.


I was still in pajamas and just kept the video focused on my bible the whole time.

I cleaned and straightened up a little and watched a Hallmark movie, then that night while Todd worked, the boys and I all met at my mom's and stepdad's house.  They had been at a soccer game and met me out there.

And then yesterday was not only Drew's sixteenth birthday, but church!  It was so good being back at church, y'all.  I hate missing, and I missed TWO Sunday's in a row.  A group of their friends and my mom and stepdad all joined us at his favorite Mexican restaurant.


We succeeded in embarrassing him.  Here's a little picture collage I made yesterday for him.


It was a great day.  I had to be back at church at three for choir, then I joined the junior's at their community group that night to hear about their spring break trips.  Then we all went to church to say goodbye to our kids' pastor Austin (and his wife Amy and their sweet family).  I didn't actually say goodbye....because I hate doing that.  I said it to him last Wednesday night and will text them again before they leave.

It was a great weekend.  I am so looking forward to tonight, though!  While my hubby and kids go to a guys thing at church, Missy, my mom and sister Trish and I are all going to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2...and I am so excited about that.

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...