Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday Favorites


It's hard to believe that Friday has rolled around once again.  Especially when I can't remember what I did last Friday.  Seriously...I cannot think of a thing!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this post.

It's been a really fast week around here, since I feel like we're still playing catch up, but I am always thankful it's the weekend.  I love having a couple of full days of my family, when we're all (mostly) around the house.

That being said, here are some favorite moments from this week.

One.


This bible verse is one of my very favorites.  I pray it every morning for my husband and my kids and myself.  This was an image that is from Lisa Harper's newest bible study, The Gospel of Mark.  I look forward to going through this on my own this summer.  Yes, I am already looking ahead to summer...it'll be here before we can blink!

Two.


My favorite moment and night this week were from Monday night, when Mom, Trish, Missy and I went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.  It was a great movie and I loved how funny it was.  I highly recommend seeing it, if you're a movie goer.  Even if you're not, like me, I still highly recommend it.

Three.


My favorite quiet time this week was when I read from Psalm 51.  I love that passage in the bible, and I love that God would have me read it exactly when He knew I needed it most.  He is so good that way.

Four.


And speaking of how good God is, I posted this picture on Instagram last night.  I'll sum up what I said in the picture.  My friend Denise gave me these coasters for my birthday, back in December.  She bought them for me, because she immediately thought of me when she saw them...she knows that it's a pet peeve of mine when people say that God is good when a situation turns out the way they had hoped.  To them, I say that God is always good, in the good times, but especially in the bad times.  When things don't turn out the way we hoped, He wants us to rely on Him in those moments...and He will carry us through.  He refines us through our struggles and hardships and the discipline that we sometimes receive from Him.  He wants us to place all of our hope and faith and trust in Him and let Him do what He promises to do~He sustains us.  His word tells us that we are to rejoice in ALL circumstances.

I love these coasters, needless to say.  And a thoughtful gift like this is my very favorite kind of gift.  I'll always think of Denise when I see them, and her kindness in giving me these.

Five.


Last, but not least, is one of my favorite moments from the past week.  Drew turned sixteen on Sunday, and today, at eleven a.m., I will be sitting in the waiting area of our local D.M.V. waiting on him as he takes his driving test to get his license.  I honestly did not know if my nerves could take a year of this one driving, but praise God!  I made it.  He started out rough, I won't lie.  Like the day he accidentally put my car in neutral while driving, because he thought it was the blinker.  And the time that I yelled at him and he got mad at me and put the car in park and got out for me to drive.  He has come a very long way since then, though, and even if he's not as confident with his abilities as Graham was with his, he is a really good and cautious driver.  I just got done praying for him and his nerves as he takes his test today and for safety once he leaves me as an independent driver for that first time.

You might want to also say a prayer for him.  We would appreciate it greatly!

Well, I must go for now and get started on laundry.  Have a great weekend and thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...