Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I am linking up with Momfessionals for this post.

This has been a great and busy and productive week.  I love weeks like this!  I'm excited about this weekend, though, and the days that follow it.  Here are some of my favorite highlights from the week that has gone by.

One.


I clarified that having community groups at my house this school year has been my favorite thing ever.  I love these kids and will be sad to see them go when summer starts.  Usually they swim all summer on this night.  Pizza and Bible study still take place, but since school is out, they usually swim each week and then stay a little later.

Two.


Not only are these boys my absolute favorite, but so is my church family.  My friend Kristy posted this on Tuesday, while they were up there with other youth in the afternoon.  They're "reading" the book written by the author that's coming to speak at our women's conference that starts tonight.  Also, this book is great.  The title threw me off, I won't lie, but once I got into it, I couldn't stop.  I'm two chapters away from finishing.

I still smile every time I see this picture.  Jonah told me they were all laughing really hard while she took this and were trying to pull it together.

Three.


Morning quiet time is my FAVORITE!  I look forward to going to sleep each night so this part of the day will hurry and get here.  I love to get up in the six o'clock hour (I know, I know, it's not that early, but we are homeschoolers, for goodness' sake.) and spend time with Jesus.  I always get started by praying, then I read in my Bible, I journal about what I've read and I usually write down a verse that stuck out to me, and then I write out my Scripture passage for that day.  Sometimes I read more and sometimes I read less.  And sometimes, before I know it, more than an hour will have passed, but then on days like yesterday, I only spent about half an hour doing all of the above.  I don't think there's a time limit, but I know it should be more than just a few minutes.  I believe that we should give Him our best, just like He did for us.

I don't get my coffee until I'm done, because I don't want any distraction.  And yes, coffee is a distraction for me.  After this time, I get my coffee, fix Todd's coffee and make another half pot (teenage coffee drinker problems), then come in the living room and get on the computer to check emails, Facebook and I blog.  I do all that while listening to K Love.  I haven't been watching the news anymore, not even my favorite Today Show.

Four.


Rearranging furniture (and knick knacks) is one of my favorite things to do!  I also love cleaning and organizing.  We did Graham's and Drew's room on Wednesday.

And...


Jonah's and Noah's room yesterday.  Don't they look great?  We took the bunk beds apart and made them single beds and they are currently loving their rooms.  Also, we got rid of the furniture in the playroom (an old sectional) and replaced it with two futons.  Todd bought two new futon mattresses and they are loving that room as well.  I love spring time!  Cleaning and changing things up in our house is usually how it goes around here.

Five.


Drew's favorite thing in the whole world is this dog.  And Callie, the one who claimed him as her own.  I was laying on Graham's bed and Drew was on his, and we were just hanging out.  I did the same thing in Jonah's and Noah's room later.  I love my boys and genuinely love being around them.  I always have.

Well, that's about it for this post.  Have a great day!  I have a doctor's appointment to get ready for and then lunch with my dad and then our women's event tonight and tomorrow....it's a busy day.

Love to all!


No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...