Tuesday, April 12, 2016

another new stage

It was rainy here yesterday and it was a busy but quiet day at home for all of us.  It was glorious, if you want to know the truth.  I love being able to have a complete day at home after a weekend.  When I woke up yesterday, I just washed my face, brushed my teeth, and put on some clean


Crash felt exactly the same way I felt about the rainy day.

One of the things that I love about homeschooling is that I am able to make really good lunches for my kiddos.  I started making their lunch yesterday at ten, because they take forever to bake (oven roasted potatoes topped with shredded cheese, hot sauce and homemade ranch dressing) and we ate around eleven thirty.  It was one of those days that I was mostly in the kitchen, but I never mind that...I love cooking and I love making the food my family loves.  I also had a gameplan already in mind for dinner, too, so bonus!  Trust me, not every day is like that.

I was inspired while watching The Food Network to make a dessert last night~peanut butter bars.  They didn't quite set up completely, but they were still delicious.  Jonah was in heaven.

Drew had the best day of his life to date.  He got his truck.


I know the day drug by so slow for him, but after dinner, it was time for them to go get it.  Even though his smile is weird, he really was happy about it.  This truck is so tall!  I almost can't get inside.
Here it is from the side.


He won't be able to drive it alone until later today, because there are no tags on it, but he was promised he will be driving himself and his brothers to the church tonight for Impact visitation.

Our driveway has become quite full, so it kinda looks like a parking lot, but I was told that this would stay mostly on he street in front of our house.  I'm okay with that.

It doesn't seem real, yet, that he is driving.  And he is still so hesitant in asking if he can go somewhere...it's funny how different he is from when Graham first started driving.  All I know is that it doesn't seem possible that I have four teenagers in the house, with two of them driving.  All I can think is, "Praise God!  Two down, only two to go."  Seriously, I don't even want to think about teaching Jonah and Noah how to drive.  I have two whole years of rest before that happens.

Another day, another new stage.  I am in denial that my kids are as old as they are.  It seems like they should still be this age.


Time really needs to just slow itself down.

Thanks for reading my rambling thoughts.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...