Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Prayer

At our church the other night, our ladies and teenage girls got together and had a movie night.  We watched The War Room.

That is the most inspiring movie I have ever watched, and no matter how many times I see it, I do the ugly cry every single time.  It just touches the very depths of my heart, and I am always motivated in my prayer life after seeing it.

This week was no different.  I feel so blessed to have sat with my mom, my sister, a dear friend and a bunch of teenage girls and watch it with them.


Aren't they precious?  I love them so much, and I pray for all these girls, and the ones who aren't pictured or who couldn't come, daily.

Y'all.  Prayer is vital.  It's the key that unlocks the resurrecting power of Christ Jesus that lives in us.  Most of us don't use it, though, and that's where this blog post comes in.  I use a prayer notebook on most days to help guide me along in praying.  It might sound silly, but my mind gets so distracted while I pray, and before I know it, I've given up and moved on to getting dinner started.  Having this notebook on the table in front of me keeps my thoughts moving right along and I use it as a guide.  I confess that on some days I am so tired, I just read right from the very pages and pray with my eyes open.  This tool that I use is scriptural.  All that is within the pages are the very words inspired by God, and I pray them out loud for myself, my husband, my kids, my extended family, my church, my friends, the government and missionaries.

In looking online this morning, I found the website from where you can get all of the free printables that I have in my notebook.  A lot of these come from a book by Sylvia Gunter called Prayer Portions, and some of what I found and use are from the Missional Motherhood blog and from Donna Gaines.

If you are at all like me and you struggle with this, I am posting the link from where you can see for yourself how I pray.  Click HERE.

I pray this encourages you and motivates you to get serious about prayer.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...