Tuesday, March 29, 2016

on this day


On this day, eighty five years ago, this young man made his appearance on this earth.  I love to hear him tell stories of his childhood, and what he most loved for breakfast (a biscuit and an onion), and how he fell in love with engineering while in the waiting room in the hospital the night his son and first child was born.  I love hearing how he and his best buddy Billy were planning to sign up for the Marines and a nice gentleman talked them into joining the Navy instead.  He and Billy were both on ships somewhere in a harbor in Japan and were flashing one another with lights from the top of the ship.  I love hearing him tell me how he came to love Jesus, and I love talking about Him and His word with him on Friday's.  And I love our Friday's.

This sweet man, Davie Lee, as his mom named him, is a man after God's own heart, much like the David in the Old Testament.  He loves and cares for his family and he prays for all of us faithfully, day in and day out.  He is in no way a perfect man, but who among us is that way?  He hasn't always made the right choices in life, and he will tell you that, but he knows that God has forgiven him and that he has been made new.

I hate that I won't see him on this special day, but due to all of us being so sick with the flu and because my sweet sister Terri cannot be around sickness because of her weakened lungs, we will not be celebrating with him today.  I am so thankful that his out of town kids are here and that he gets this day with them.  I am fortunate enough to be able to see him all of the time, so I am okay with us waiting to celebrate until next week.

Isn't he handsome?  He's pretty sprightly, too.  In his recent and older years, he has learned how to operate a smart phone and text.  He does Facebook (through his wife, not on his own account) and is pretty decent at technology.  He is a gifted writer and a professional (practically) at scripture memorization.  I am so thankful for him.

Happy birthday to you, Daddy.

On another note, it's almost April and that means time for a new scripture writing plan!

Here is this month's.


Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...