Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday to us!  It is a gloriously beautiful day here in The Ville, and I have some fun things to look forward to this weekend.

I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this blog post.

My first favorite from this week is something I came across (thanks to my friend Abbey) a couple of weeks ago, and it is a website and radio show called Revive Our Hearts.  The speaker is Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth and her radio programs are amazing.  I've been listening for a couple of weeks now, and taking notes.  She has a series called Personal Petitions that is so useful to me in my prayer life.  I've been working my way through the personal petitions and I've listened to one about a dear friend of hers who mentored her, that recently passed away.  I'm going to include a link, just in case you're interested.  I haven't really looked around much at the other parts of the website, but just click on radio show, and you'll see all of the options to listen to.

https://www.reviveourhearts.com/

Because of this website, and because of the fact that I hate all things political on all the morning shows on TV, I haven't been turning it on in the mornings.  I have my quiet time, then I either listen to one of the programs, or I turn on K Love and come into the living room to sit at the computer desk.   It's been kinda nice, if you want to know the truth.  I could probably go without having a TV.

Another favorite of mine from this week was Saturday of last weekend.  My mom, and mom-in-love and I went to a women's event at my church called Legacy, and afterward, Mom and I went and ran a couple of errands.  She had to pick something up in one store, and I wanted to go buy some foundation from Clinique.  That night, the boys and I went out to their house for dinner.  It has been so long since we've been out there!  The boys had fun making cookies with Big Daddy after dinner.


My favorite night from this week was Tuesday night, when Noah and I had a night out.  I let him choose the restaurant of his choice (Chili's) and we enjoyed a yummy dinner and this magnificent thing.


I had a couple of bites and then let him finish if off.  We were both in heaven.  

Todd and the other boys went to a WWE wrestling event at the FedEx Forum.

After our dinner we came home and watched Woodlawn.

Tonight I am going to a conference called Downline Summit here in Memphis with some other youth leaders.  I went to this last year and it was amazing, so I'm really excited about it again this year.  We're going to grab a bite to eat beforehand, then we'll go to the church it's being held at.  It will go through tomorrow afternoon.  And then hopefully we can have a repeat of last weekend and go to my mom's and stepdad's for dinner again.

Hint hint.

Well, I have laundry to finish and things to get done and boys to wake up, so I had better run!  Love to all.  Love to all!

1 comment:

Shari said...

TGIF!! I am ready for the weekend! I hope you have a great one! :-)

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...