Monday, February 22, 2016

all the things

I didn't really mean to take a week long break from the blog, but sometimes stepping away for a bit can be a really good thing.  We were all a little under the weather last week because of the crazy weather, and I ended our week by taking Noah to the doctor.  He had bronchitis and is on antibiotics and an inhaler.

Except for headaches, the boys and I all feel better, but now it's Todd's turn to have the junk.  Poor guy can't get a break.

I love my city but I hate the weather in this area.

Because of what I mentioned above, there is nothing much for me to write about this morning, except for some things I've seen lately on the internet that I love.


I love this quote.  I have always loved books more than any other item I could buy.  Even when I was a young girl, I used to BEG my mom to take me to this one Kroger that had an amazing book section.  And my dad used to drop me off at a used bookstore in Germantown called The Book Depot, and would come pick me up three hours later.  I have always been and will always be a book nerd.  When I'm not reading a book, I'm thinking about reading.  And I am always looking ahead to what my next read will be.  I have more books in my house than any other treasure.  And I share them all with my friends, as long as they promise to give them back.


Speaking of books, maybe you remember me mentioning before my favorite series of books of all time, The Yada Yada Prayer Group books?  I think I love that series so much because it's all about a praying group of women who are all ages, colors and denominations.  I belong to a group of ladies who meet each Tuesday night for Bible study.  Well, the more we're together, the closer we get and the more we share with one another.  Last night we were all texting back and forth over prayer needs and someone determined that we must be making the enemy mad, because several of the ladies in the group were under attack.  And it was mentioned to me privately that all of a sudden, we seemed to have a Yada Yada prayer group.  I got chills when I read that, because I have been wanting to be a part of a prayer group like this for so long.  And this morning, I can't help but wonder what God is up to in this group we have.  I am so excited to see where it goes from here.  We're about to finish our study on Gideon and will be starting a new one soon.  I am so thankful to have these ladies in my life, and others too, at my Thursday group, who will willingly drop everything and pray right then.  I don't take it for granted, trust me.  I thank God for them.


I was invited to be on the launch team for this new study coming out on the first of March by Lisa Harper called Gospel of Mark.  I love Lisa Harper and have read one of her books before, but I love her and her teaching style.  She is very different from the other teachers I've been under before, but she is refreshingly different and honest.  And the fact that she is a single, motorcycle riding woman who adopted a little girl from Haiti a couple of years ago, well, that makes me love her even more.  I follow her on Instagram, and she posts the sweetest things about her daughter.


I found this a while back and love what it says.  It's a really, really good reminder to not be mean.  I am preaching to myself.  I have been mean in the past about circumstances and people, I will confess that here.  I am learning to be different, though.  And yes, I am still learning, because sometimes my mouth just randomly spouts things out, and then I have to go back and apologize for what I've said.  I am a work in progress, though, and PRAISE GOD for His mercies that are new every morning.

I think I'll end this post with that passage of Scripture in Lamentations 3:22-27.

Because of the LORD's faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end.

They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!

I say: The LORD is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in Him.  

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.

It is good to wait quietly for deliverance from the LORD.  

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...