Thursday, December 24, 2015

My Favorite Christmas Tradition

I'm getting more and more sad with each minute that brings us closer to Christmas...y'all know how much I love this time of year, and I'm sad because it's almost over for a whole year.  However, there is still fun to be had, and lots of special moments to enjoy together as a family.

Last night was my favorite Christmas tradition.  (My second favorite tradition of the season is attending our town's Christmas parade on the first Friday night of December.)

I don't even remember when we started doing this, probably when the boys were little bitty, because they've always loved looking at Christmas lights.  We put on our pajama's, we load up in the suburban with the dogs, seats folded down, and we drive around to look at lights.  While we're out we either stop at Starbucks or Chick Fil A for peppermint milkshakes.

This was us, last night.


These are the times when I wish we had a fifteen passenger van.  Because it's never just the six of us.  Last night, Drew's friend girl, Emma, came with us.  Since the older three are teenagers, we made them go inside Starbucks to buy our drinks.


We made them pose this way so we could take their picture.  This was before Emma made a giant mess and missed her mouth while taking a drink of her coffee.

We drove all around The Ville, and we went into Germantown, to look at big houses and magical lights.  Out of all that we saw, this one was my favorite.


It kinda hurts your eyes to see it in person, but I really love all the blue lights.  This was in the first neighborhood we drove through.

It was a fun night, and we laughed, and then argued.  :/  Every year when we do this, I always feel as if we stay in the car just a tad bit too long, because the natives start getting restless.  That is a very sad, but very true statement.  #keepingitreal

Well.  I have lots to cross off my list today, and I had best get started.  Love to all and merry Christmas eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...