Wednesday, November 11, 2015

a couple of things & Veteran's Day

I saw this image on social media the other day and shared it on Instagram.  It jumped out at me because of all the hoopla going on over the red cups from Starbucks.  Which I am O.V.E.R. by the way.


Let's all just stop attacking everything and being offended over every little thing and carry on with our lives and the important things in life.  A Starbucks cup is not important.

I saw this on my Timehop app yesterday and about died.


This was five years ago, and it was Graham's and Drew's first ever concert.  The guy in the picture is Matthew West.  We have always LOVED him.

I walked into my beloved church building last night and was saddened over the fact that we only have ONE MORE WEEK of our bible study!


I hate ending a good study.  This one that I'm talking about is Armor of God, by Priscilla Shirer.

And about today, happy Veteran's day!  My sweet daddy is a Korean war veteran, and we get to honor him today.  I am excited about our plans~we are going downtown to the Veteran's day parade.  After that we'll go eat lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, The Arcade, then we'll ride the trolley, go visit the Amtrak station and head back to the Ville.  It's also Alex's twelfth birthday!  So I'm fairly certain a stop at Academy will be made, too, so he can spend his money.

By the way, the last time we attended this parade was about four years ago.  But look at the picture I found last night.


This seems like it was about a minute ago.  They were so little!


Todd and the boys went and bought a green light last night, to honor the veteran's.  (Google it, if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

And finally...


Thank you for serving.  I am thankful for all who did.  God bless and love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...