Friday, October 23, 2015

a different kind of Friday

It's been a good week as far as school stuff, but it's been different, in light of all the things that have gone on in my little hometown.  Before fall break (which was last week), a beloved teacher at the local high school died.  Students and faculty alike were shocked.  Then over this past weekend, a junior from the same school was killed in a car wreck.  I didn't know either one, but seeing the students this affected hit close to home, because I am close with them.  On Monday night, one girl just collapsed in my arms and cried all over me.  All I knew to do was to wrap my arms around her and pray for her right then and there.  (And yes, I cried right alongside her.)

And to think of the parents of the junior boy.  Y'all.  My oldest son is a junior.  Talk about perspective.  I have hugged all of my boys extra tight this week, and I have covered my Graham in prayer every time he leaves in his car.

"Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father; there is no shadow of turning with Thee.  All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.  Great is Thy faithfulness."

Our days on this earth are numbered, my friends.  None of this has been any surprise to God, and for that, I am thankful.  Time is in His hands, and He is in control.  I am thankful for all of that.  My heart still breaks for the young man's parents, because I cannot imagine what that must be like.  (And do you sense urgency?  If you were to die today, where would you go?)

I have been in a continual state of prayer all week, because the Lord has brought to my mind all the students affected.  Even those who didn't know him, it's affected.  I didn't know him, and I'm a hot mess, even as I write this post.  Another huge loss this week was a dear friend to my sister, who was almost like a second mom to her.  She passed away early in the week, and I know my sister hurts.  I hurt for my sister and I have cried right along with her as she grieves her dear friend.

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.  I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.  Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:19-23

In our distress, He is faithful and He is good.

In our times of ease, He is faithful and He is good.

In times of sadness, He is faithful and good.

In times of happiness, He is faithful and He is good.

In death, He is faithful and He is good.

In life, He is faithful and He is good.

Praise and glory and honor to His name.


I cannot IMAGINE what life must be like to those with no hope.  Because without God, there is no hope.  I'm always around here if you would like to know more.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...