Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

This week is flying by!  Probably because I'm leaving town today for five nights, and I feel like my clock is running out.  My giant to-do list has been my BFF all week.  One of the things on my to-do list was to pull out my fall and Halloween decorations.  I forgot about this last year and didn't pull any of it out.  And my mom gave me some really cute little people to decorate with when I was at her house on Saturday.


Aren't they adorable?  Now, I did manage to pull the stuff out of the attic, but then it just all got left on my dining room table.  So today I will finish putting them out.

I love decorating.  Because we are always at home, I love for my house to look cute.

For a while now, I've had the app Snap Chat.  My kids have it, so I have it.  But that's where it ends.  I haven't understood it, but I think I am finally coming around.  There was an update on the app, and last night I took a picture of myself that cracked me up, so I sent it out to some people.  Toddley got this app too, and yesterday, he and Jonah took a selfie.  Never mind that I always ask Jonah to do this with me and he never does.


They had to run to the bank and look at the goodies they got while there!  They made out big time.  And no, Jonah is not drinking beer, but it is root beer.  ;)

We all had dental appointments for teeth cleaning yesterday, but Jonah has had a sinus infection all week, so I let him stay home with Todd.  None of us had cavities!  I thought for sure that I did.  My heart did a little happy dance at those words.  And though I hate going to the dentist for anything, I do love our dentist so much!  His name is Floyd Garrett, and he's in Cordova.  Toddley has known him forever, and he is always so good to us.

At our church, once a month we have something called Impact.  It's a dinner that's free and it's a set time to reach out to those who have visited our Bible fellowship classes, either by letter, phone call or visit.  I always take that time to write letters to my girls.  I love encouraging them, and I love seeing a lot of our youth there.  Last night, they were singing show tunes very loudly.  Very loudly.


We were dying.  Not really.  Truth be told, I love these girls so much!  They can sing me anything they want and at any volume, and I would love them.  They are precious and wonderful, and I am so honored to be even a small part of their lives.  These are two of the Katie's.  There is a third.  She wasn't there.  I love when they text me, I love that they ask me for rides, I love that they always seem to be excited to be invited to my house for anything.  And I love that over fall break, we are taking them on a camping trip!  Should be fun.  Should be interesting.  Should be full of laughter.

When I came home last night, I cleaned in the kitchen and put some things away and did some laundry.  Then I sat down to make my to-do list for today and my packing list.  I am such a list maker, people.  I particularly love making lists with my fun pens.


I have a million things to do before leaving for Colorado tonight.  Did I mention why I'm going?  My beautiful niece Erika is getting married.  She has lived in Colorado for several years now, and has made a life for herself there.  I have so many memories with her in them as a little girl.  So many.  She was tiny and fierce and terrified of dogs.  She had the sweetest little voice in all of the world, and she had most people wrapped around her little finger.  She was always KK.  I think her brothers gave her the nickname.  I cannot believe that she is about to be a Mrs.


This was one of her engagement photos.  Isn't she beautiful?  She always has been.

Last on my list o' things of random is this picture.


I changed my Instagram username and info this morning, per the request of my bonus son, Alex.  I love this kid so much.  When he asks me to do something like this, how can I not?  He gets irritated when I refer to him as my son's friend.  He considers himself a part of our family, and we do too.  So, I am no longer all4boys.  I am now allfiveboys.  (all5boys was taken.)  My heart is full.

Well, my list isn't going to get finished on its own, so I had better run.  I won't update the blog again until Tuesday, most likely.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...