Monday, September 28, 2015

weekend update, homecoming edition

This weekend was all about sports.  Friday night was spent watching our local football team from the backyard of a friend's house.  There was food and plenty of fellowship, and by the end of the night, when we ended at a another friend's house from church, I was thanking God for the gift of our church family.  I cannot imagine life without them.  It was a really fun night.

Saturday, Graham and Drew had a soccer game (they're playing on our church's co-ed team with a bunch of teenagers), then they ran a couple errands, and came home to chill for the rest of the afternoon.  That night was the much anticipated homecoming dance.  

Please forgive me for the amount of pictures I am about to show.  


Left to right are Graham, Nicole, Drew, Emma, Abigail and Andrew.  They were the ones who made most of the plans and the decision to go as a group, but there were some others that joined them.


They looked so nice!  Katie is the sweet friend who went and helped the girls with their makeup as they got ready, and we wanted her in the pictures.  On the left of the above picture are Sara, Katie and Major, with Katie in the middle.  


She is so loved by all of her friends.  She was laughing so hard as they did this to her.  


Drew and his two moms, Emma's mom and my sweet friend Laurie.  I am pretty sure he loves us equally.  He is as comfortable with her as he is with me almost, especially ever since she sat next to him on his first plane ride to Guatemala.  


If I had a daughter, I would want her to be just like Emma.  I adore this sweet girl!  I am forever telling Drew that he had better treat her right.  


Nicole and Graham.  A couple of things I loved about how they all looked were their bow ties and the girls wearing Converse with their dresses.  They are absolutely adorable.  And that is my kind of girl.  I so would have done this in high school if I had thought about it for half a minute.




I love these three!  They're all such sweet friends, and Emma texts Graham almost as much as she texts Drew.



Drew and Andrew.  


Love!  I loved their corsages.  Laurie took this picture.

And last, but not least, is this picture Toddley took of me and my boys.


I can hardly believe they're old enough to be taking dates to a homecoming dance, that they're driving vehicles (one with us, one without), that they're both taller than me, that they're both teenagers.  It seems like they should still be little.  But I do love this new and exciting phase of life we're in, and it's one that I cherish every moment.  All too soon, these days will be a sweet memory.  My friend Missy reminded me of that Saturday after they'd all driven off, and I stood there and cried as she told me.  

The days are long, but the years are short.  

If you're a mom to little's, hang in there.  You will blink, and then you'll be at the stage I'm in right now.  

Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...