Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Favorites


I am linking up with Momfessionals for this post.

Happy, happy Friday!  And, happy three day weekend!  Two of my favorite things.  This has been a great week.  A busy week, but a great week.  It's been good, as far as school work goes, and the boys have all been productive.  I love it when this happens.  

On Monday, three of my boys went to Todd's shop to help him out for a bit, so Noah and I ended up alone.  I was watching The Pioneer Woman and was inspired to make cookies from scratch.  And Noah has been asking forever, and I thought I was out of flour, but I found some!  So he and I got busy and whipped up a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies.  On the first pan that came out of the oven, I sprinkled sea salt on top of them.  Later that night when all the kids were somewhere else in the house, I enjoyed a plate of them while watching Gilmore Girls.


Don't they look yummy?  

Also on the list of favorites for this week is the show Gilmore Girls.  Where have I been, that I always seem to miss out on all these amazing shows?!  Oh, wait.  I've been raising a house full of boys.  Nevermind.  


Thank you, creators of Netflix.  And thank you, Todd, for the subscription to Netflix that we pretty much made you buy for us.  :)

This might be the reason I can't sleep at night.  

On Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, I sat and caught up on Bible study homework.  I am in two different Bible studies right now, and they're really different, but equally as wonderful.  My favorite way to study the Bible is Precept Upon Precept, that I do at Renewed Moms every Thursday.  We are currently studying First Peter.  


There are a lot of favorites in this picture.  The coffee mug, the Stabilo pens that I am about to need more of, the Bible study.  This picture is a lot of happy for me.  I love being a student of the word of God.  I am never done with learning, and verses that I have read so many times seem to jump out at me when I study His word intently.  If you ever get the chance to do a Precept Bible study, do it!  It is hard, and there are no fill in the blank answers, but I have never learned more.  I am blown away by God, and I love studying His word.

It's my favorite thing to do.

Last night, our Tuesday night Bible study group went out for dinner and a movie.  We are missing a few people in this photo, but this was us after we went and saw a movie.  These women are some of my favorites!


I thank God for them.  

Also on the list of favorites is this movie!


Last night was the second time I saw it.  It is amazing!  I am not a movie goer, but any time a Christian movie like this comes out, I try to go and support it.  If you have the opportunity and haven't seen this yet, go see it this weekend.  It's worth it!  Just don't forget your tissue.  I cried every bit as hard in this the second time, as I did the first time.  This movie will challenge you in your prayer life.  I promise.  GO!

While I was out with my girlfriends last night, this happened.


He asked to take her to her homecoming!  Since he's homeschooled, the plan was that she was going to ask him, but this girl has had a horrible week.  I told Drew that it's really always the guy's place to do the asking out, and when I reminded him of her horrible week, he was really excited to do this and to surprise her.  He came up with the poster and the saying all on his own.  In case you can't read it, it says, "I know I was a Dum Dum for asking you out over text, but I won't be a Dum Dum this time!  Can I take you to Homecoming?!"  

So, yes.  He asked her to be his girlfriend on text.  He is shy and he didn't know better, and he wasn't at home when it happened.  But can I just say that I am OVER kids being mean to him about this?  Several of his "friends" have been mean to him and she has had "friends" be mean to her about it, as well, talking badly about my Drew.  I am sick and tired of meanness and bullying.  Because that is all that they're doing.  I put the word friends in quotations, because friends are not mean to one another.  Friends are supposed to love and support and encourage and strengthen one another.  Unfortunately, these two are learning a really hard lesson at a really young age.  It will make them better people in the end, but I am just done.  So not only are these two going to homecoming together, but their friendship is growing more.  

It's no surprise that these two kiddos are a couple of my very favorites.  I am thankful for the fact that they each have a great family life.  Not only with their own families, but both of our families are friends as well.  

God has been faithful in answering my prayers for my kids to have good and Godly friends in their lives.  Not only have I prayed for that, I have also been praying for their future spouses since they were born.  I still am praying that, and my prayers for Godly friends is never ending.  They've gone through some rough patches with the friends in their lives, but they all know what it means to be a good friend, and they all know what a good friend looks like.  He is good to always give them at least ONE good friend, which is what I pray.  And sometimes, that one good friend is a guy and sometimes it's a girl.  

So that's my list of Friday Favorites.  I kinda went off subject for a bit, but I hope it encourages you and how you pray for your kids.  

I hope your weekend is wonderful!  Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...