Wednesday, September 9, 2015

a list of random things

I love Wednesday!  Church and choir practice are among my list of things that I love.  Makes me somewhat sad that I waited so long to get back in choir, but I know that God's timing is perfect.  And, my public service announcement is this: consider going to Wednesday night church!  If you don't already, I mean.  I love this laid back night of church and most churches have Bible studies galore to choose from.  Jump in and get involved.  You will never regret it.


And so begins my list o' random things.

I love waking up really early.  This morning I woke up at 5:30, because Graham and Drew were supposed to leave at six to go help a friend's parents move some things out of their attic, but because of possible rain, they canceled.  So instead, they went and got breakfast at Chik Fil A.  I love getting up this early!  I can get so many things accomplished while the rest of the house sleeps.  I also have better quiet time this early in the morning.

The Today Show is a show that I used to love watching, but that is becoming less and less true.  Thanks to the day and time we live in, they push my buttons more and more.  I am tired of media making a big deal of what is wrong morally and leaving out what is most important spiritually.  I know it's just a sign of the times we live in, and it does not surprise me, but I that doesn't mean I have to like it and continue to watch.

Crash hogs the bed.  Somehow he ended up sleeping between Todd and me last night, and it disturbed most of my night of sleep.  #Grumpy

Or, perhaps I am grumpy because I can't seem to sleep anymore.  Every year, at least twice, I develop insomnia for a short while.  I think this is that time.  Or because of the Netflix.  Who knows.

I love finishing one journal and starting a new one.  This happened on Monday.  I am loving a turquoise one my sister bought me last year.  :)

I love the small group of ladies that I've been doing a Bible study with since July.  We have one last week of homework, and then we'll be starting a new one.  I finished that homework today, and as usual, I shed tears on the last page.  There is something so touching and emotional about finishing up a good Bible study.

It stormed here today.  Due to the statement above about Crash hogging the bed and my temporary (hopefully) insomnia, I took a delicious nap on my couch.  :)

I've been cooking our heavy snack/light dinner since 3:30 this afternoon.  It smells heavenly in my house right now, but more about what I made on tomorrow's blog post.

Well.  I have to finish getting dinner ready.  I hope your day has been great!

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...