Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Honoring A Life

Today we celebrated the life of my Uncle John.  He was also in the Army during the Korean War, and because of that, his funeral was held at the West Tennessee Veterans Cemetery.

It's a beautiful place, and it was a beautiful ceremony.

Every time I go to a funeral, I come away so thankful that I know that my life won't just stop the moment I breathe my last.  In contrast, it will just be beginning, as I enter into eternity with my sweet Jesus.

Today as we honored my uncle, I couldn't help but think of how much the life of an American soldier reminds me of Jesus.  Life in the physical is always a picture of life in the spiritual realm.

Just like a soldier is sent to do a job, Jesus was sent to earth.

Just like a soldier is willing to sacrifice his life for our freedom, God sent Jesus as a sacrifice for us to have eternal life.

Just as a soldier is often considered to be selfless, Jesus was the same way when He walked on earth.

Today as we celebrated my uncle's life, I was proud to be an American.  But even more than that, I am humbled and beyond thankful to be a daughter of the Most High King.


In honoring my uncle's life, it has reminded me to live a life that is honoring to God.  Not only in what I say, but also in my thoughts, my actions and in my relationships.  I pray that I always point others to Him.

Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...