Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Favorites


This week has flown by!  It was our last week of the summer break, and for school kids around these parts, it's back to school on Monday.  We'll be starting on Wednesday, and we will be easing back in to the swing of things.  I am so excited about our school year!  I love homeschooling the boys.  I love the curriculum we choose.  I love our routine, our schedule, and just the way our days go.  I am so thankful to God for calling me to this!  All of that is definitely on this day's 'favorite' list.

Speaking of that, I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this post.

I saw this on Facebook last weekend and loved it.  I saved it to my desktop so that I could share it on the blog.


I think this jumped out at me because this year, with homeschooling, we are going to be doing a lot of reading.  I feel like I slack on this every school year, and I'm changing that starting next week.  The words in this image are so true!  And we all know that reading is one of my favorite past times.

Speaking of favorite past times, another favorite of mine is singing.  The poor friends of my kids who are always here.  They are always subject to my loud singing in the kitchen, because of my awesome kitchen radio, and because of K-Love.  And speaking of my love of singing, I went to choir practice Wednesday night at church.  And I found this meme this morning and I literally laughed out loud.



A favorite thing of mine to do is organizing our homeschool book shelves.  I took a picture of them and posted it on Instagram this week.  This is my most favorite area in all of our home, because of the color and the content on the shelves.


These shelves will NOT stay this way for long.  But they look pretty in the meantime!  I have gotten our curriculum for the school year sorted and divided and ordered.  I am expecting one more thing to come in from Amazon, and after it arrives we will be all set.

A favorite picture I've seen all week is one that Drew took Wednesday night.  I love it so much that I took a screenshot and reposted it on Instagram.  Officer Sean Bolton was killed in the line of duty on the night of August 1st.  Anytime an officer is killed in the line of duty, police cars from around the country come to Memphis (or any other city) to be part of the sea of blue.  It's a long procession line that goes from one point to another, with blue lights flashing.


Todd was a part of this Wednesday night.  He had to dress in his Class A uniform and wear a black line over his badge.


Our country needs prayer, my friends.  These times are disturbing, and I often wonder how long the good Lord will tarry in His return.  Are you prepared for that return?

On a lighter note, yesterday was a luncheon for the new moms in my homeschool group.  I have so missed these godly women!  Our classes start back next week.


Yesterday afternoon when I got home, Drew, Jonah, Noah and Alex and I went to church to visit (them) and pray (me).  My weekly times of prayer with my sweet friend Abbey are one of my most favorite things of all time.  While we prayed (which is NEVER a short thing), Drew was playing with her phone.


And then I took a picture of us.


I love her!

Another favorite was texting my dad this morning.


Is this not the sweetest thing ever?  Eighty four years young and texting like a champ.  I love him so much and am so thankful for our Friday's.

Well, speaking of that, I need to get dressed!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...