Monday, July 27, 2015

the weekend

Compared to last weekend, this weekend was a bit more low key.  It was still fun, though.

On Friday night, I made a giant-sized trip to Costco.

Drew drove us.


On Instagram, I jokingly said that I might die, but really, he is a good driver.  He's a bit jerky and more nervous than Graham was, but the more he practices, the better he gets.  

It was a giant trip because I never really went to the grocery store last week, except for just a thing or two here and there.  While we were there we ate dinner.


After coming back home, Graham went and bowled with some friends and Drew went swimming at a friend's house.  Since Todd was working, and because my sister was house and dog sitting for someone with a pool, the boys and I went and swam with her for about an hour.

This was the sunset that happened while we were in the pool~it was beautiful!


I love this pool.  The lady who lives in this house is a friend of mine.  She is the grandmother of a girl who was in Jonah's and Noah's grade while they were at CES.  We used to come here one day every week in the summer time, and while the kids played and swam, we would talk and talk for hours.  Literally.  I love their family so much!

On Saturday, I spent the day doing Bible study.  A friend of mine is offering a Beth Moore Bible study at her house, and I had to miss the first night of it last week when Graham graduated from his police academy class.  I watched the DVD and caught up on the homework on Saturday.  I also did our study that we're doing with our community group girls and I read through our lesson for our Bible fellowship class.  While I was doing the Bible study on First and Second Thessalonians, this verse jumped out at me from Romans.


This study is so good!  We meet tomorrow night, and I am already looking forward to our time together.

Saturday afternoon, we went back to the pool we swam at the night before, and we grilled hot dogs.  My mom and step-dad were there as well, and we all swam together.  That was a rare moment, and it was a lot of fun.  I stayed in the water so long that I came out looking like a prune.  I could literally swim all day long.

The best part of the weekend for me, was on Sunday morning when four girls from our Bible fellowship class got baptized!


It was awesome and I am so proud of all of them.  God has done a mighty work in all of their lives, and it's exciting to get to be a small part of it all.  We had a cookout for them later that afternoon to celebrate, then the boys and I left for community group.  After community group they had some friends over and I watched a couple of recorded shows on our DVR.

That about sums up our weekend.  I hope yours was great!

Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...