Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

To my family and friends who are single moms, to my family and friends who have kids but may have been forgotten today, and to my friends who long to be moms someday~

"The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace."

(Numbers 6:24-26)

I am fortunate to be able to celebrate my mom on this day.  I am even MORE fortunate to be able to celebrate both my mom and my husband's mom together at lunch after church today.  I do not take these moments for granted, and I thanked God for them this morning.  I also thank God for my sweet and lovely step-mom, who is another mom to me, and who is a wonderful helpmate to my dad.

I am blessed, and I am grateful.


(Left to right~Phyllis, me, Mom.)

And to the ones who made me Mom~

"I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers."  (Ephesians 1:6)

These boys.  I am thankful to God Almighty, Who entrusted me with raising them up in the way they should go.  I want to give them a lot of things, but what I most want to give them is Jesus.

I pray that in my life, they see Him reflected.  I pray that they model after me in loving Him, in serving Him and in reading and studying His word.

I want them to have and know and love Jesus all the days of their lives.

I don't want them to ever know even one second without Him at the center of their lives.

I pray that they walk with Him continually, and that they long for Him, like the deer longs for water.

I pray that their future wives are being raised up in His ways, and that they will beautifully compliment them in their walks with Him.



I give thanks to Him for the gift of being their mom.

Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...