Wednesday, February 25, 2015

bleh

Good title, huh?  I still struggle with thinking of catchy ones.  I've been absent from the blog because I have been so sick.  I told a friend earlier that I don't remember being this sick since Jonah and Noah were about three years old.  Or two...whenever it was that I had pneumonia.  Thankfully I do not have that, but I do have bronchitis and was told by my doctor that she's pretty certain that I have asthma.  It's always been a little present, like on humid days or when I exercise, but when I get well, I'll know more.  She told me she wants to test my lung function.  I don't even want to know what that means until I get there.

I am so, so thankful that this all started Sunday night and not over the weekend.  God is so good like that, to work out all the timing in His own way.  I know some of you may not believe that He does things like that, but let me tell you~I am living proof that He does.  I have pages and pages and pages of His goodness and His sovereignty recorded in all the journals on my bedroom bookshelves.  It's one of the reasons why I so love to journal and to write, so that I can remember His goodness and His grace.

He is so good.

Speaking of Him being so good and me being so sick, I have a really funny story.  Yesterday I didn't feel like even getting dressed, much less putting on makeup.  I did put on real, non-pajama clothes, but I skimped on the makeup and did not even care.  Until I had to go inside Target.  I love my town, because it's small and everywhere I go, I see people I know.  But it's small and I see people I know everywhere I go!  Yesterday was no exception.  I don't have a picture, but know that my hair was halfway thrown into a bun/pony tail thing, I had cheeks so red that they appeared a little blue-ish, and I have coughed so hard that I busted something in my eye and they were both VERY red.

I did, however, have on lipstick that was bright pink, because my lips are so chapped that I am embarrassed, and because why not accentuate everything else pink and red about my face by adding the lips to match?  Go big or go home.

I looked beautiful, I tell you.  (I'm being sarcastic.)

As for the Jesus part of this story, we had an awesome speaker at D-Now this weekend, a wonderful, Godly man named John Nix.  Our church has hired him to preach to our youth on Wednesday nights from March through May while they search for a new youth pastor to hire.  Bobby's (our current youth pastor) last day is March 8.  :(  I am thrilled they hired John temporarily, though.  Hopefully it'll turn permanent, but highly doubtful.  Anyway.  I never got the chance to meet him this weekend.  But guess who I saw at Target yesterday, while I was waiting and looking my best?  (Sarcasm again.)  You probably guessed.  John Nix.

He is a very nice man, not even acting like he was even mildly shocked by my appearance.  I couldn't even shake his hand, because I had been coughing all over myself.  We talked for a good ten minutes until they called my name to come and pick up my prescriptions.  Watch him not recognize me made up the next time he sees me.  ;)  But we talked about how wonderful the weekend was, and how much he made my girls want to dig into the Word, and we talked about Jesus.  When you talk about Jesus, nothing else matters.

Right?  Amen and hallelujah.

So that's what has been going on in my life this week.  I do feel a tiny bit better today, still rotten, but there's small improvement.  Praise God the medicines are working and I am only mildly shaky and having a racing heart.  (Thank you Prednisone and Albuterol.)  I am in no condition to step foot outside of my house and don't see that happening in the next few days.  My sweet mom came and got my boys today and took them to lunch and to grocery shop for our dinner tonight, which Drew will be making while I sit at the kitchen table and supervise.  I am so thankful Mom came to my rescue today!  She also bought me a pair of turquoise fleece polka dot pajama pants (!!!) from the clearance rack at Kohl's and some wonderful rose/raspberry salve for my lips.  God love her and God love my husband and kids~they do an excellent job of taking care of me when I am sick.

I will leave you with some funny pictures I have taken or have seen around the internet the past few days.  Boredom at its finest.


Because I always say, "When Hell freezes over."


Crash was looking at me and crying, because I was coughing and he wanted to snuggle with me.  He seems to know when I'm sick and does not like it one bit.


Drew accompanied me to the doctor yesterday.  He was here last in November of 2013, and in that time, he has gained thirty plus pounds and has grown a whopping five inches.  And he's not even done.


My own, personal drug store.  :)


Because he is totally rotten.


I pulled my journaling Bible out today, for the first time in a few weeks.  I've been using another new Bible I have, my Precept study Bible, because I need it for Bible study and because I love the translation.  It's NASB, which is what my pastor uses.

Well.  A shower is calling my name.  Thanks for reading and love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...