Saturday, January 3, 2015

What's on your nightstand?

I am always curious to know what people are reading.  As a book lover, I am constantly thinking ahead to what I want to read next.  I'm pretty particular about what I read, too.  I can't just pick up any book and start it and finish it in a few days.  It has to be really good from the first few sentences.  And I have authors I love and some I don't.

I am ready to branch out and read some books I might not normally pick up.  I do seem to read the same type of book over and over again.

I have two books going, three, if you count the one I started and don't want to pick back up.

On New Year's day, I started reading Feathers From My Nest by Beth Moore.  It's an easy and quick read that I've had on my Kindle app for quite some time.  It's a memoir, of sorts, from the days of when her girls were younger.  It's definitely a book that will be more enjoyable for moms.  I love her writing, and through all of it so far (I'm on chapter six or seven), I have laughed out loud.  I love to hear her speak, and her writing style is no different.  


I also started reading The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks on that same day, because I like to have one non-fiction and one fiction going at the same time.  Anyway, the book is not good, at least in my humble opinion.  I don't know if it's me that has changed or if it's his writing.  His books are all kind of redundant now it seems, and I had a hard time making it through even one chapter.

So last night I bought a book that is on the New York Times best selling list.  It's called Big Little Lies, and it's by Liane Moriarty.  I bought it as I laid down in bed last night (for $3.99) and just like that, I had breezed through three chapters.  I love books like that, so it seems as if this one is off to a good start.


I normally wouldn't buy a book for that price if I'm not sure about it, but I am tired of reading the same kind of books, so I took a chance and thought I would branch out.  We'll see how it turns out.

Now it's your turn.  What are you reading right now?  What do you want to read?  Are you a  fiction or a non-fiction reader?  I'd love to hear recommendations for both.  Is there a particular author that you love and read over and over again?  Share the love and leave a comment.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...