Monday, January 5, 2015

the weekend and today

Things have been kinda slow and boring around here.  Well, maybe just depending on who you ask.  We had a few errands to run Friday night, so we did all that, and in somewhere in between all our stops, we stopped for dinner, while Crash waited for us in the truck.


It's a rare occasion for all of my boys to agree on a place to eat dinner.  On this night, the magic happened, and we decided on Taco Bell.  Do you have any idea how much I love their tacos?  I do.  And I could almost drink the taco sauce.

We decided to paint our kitchen cabinets.  !!!  Well, we hired someone to paint them.  So on Friday night and all day Saturday, I decided on which color.


Goodbye, yucky old oak cabinets.  Hello grayish white.  :)  I decided on a color called Full Moon.  And just today, we decided to also have our counter tops redone.  The same lady does all of it, even though we have warped spots on a couple of areas on our counters.  She can make it all look brand new.

I can't wait to show you the before and after pictures.

I ordered some amazing colored pens off of Amazon, and they came in on Friday.


I love them.  I posted this picture on Instagram and Facebook, and several of my friends have ordered them.  Who in the world knew so many people loved colored pens?!  I for sure did not know that.  But welcome to the club.

Jonah and Noah had their first lock-in Friday night.  And we decided Jonah is never allowed to stay up all night again.  He turns into a monster the next night at midnight, and we didn't want any part of that.

On Saturday, Todd, his dad and Graham went to Georgia to see another Bronco.  And it was another no go.  I was alone with Drew, Jonah and Noah, so I invited my best friend over to hang out.  We ate pizza, we talked and got all caught up with one another, we laughed, we might have cried and we painted our fingernails at the same time.  You cannot beat that kind of a relationship.

Todd and Graham got home and we went to bed shortly thereafter.

Yesterday was spent at church or doing church activities.  At about three, Drew said he was going to go hammock with his friends.  Two hours, they all rushed into our house, claiming they couldn't feel their fingers and warming their hands in front of the space heater.


I warmed them up with hot chocolate.  Don't you love Drew's look?  Goofball.  After this we all left for church and community groups.  We claimed that my car was always the party car.  :)  I love nothing more than to hear kids having fun together.

Today Todd stayed home from work.  And I was incredibly lazy.  And our cabinets are no longer oak colored!  I would show you a picture, but she took my doors home to paint them.  I can't wait to see it all when it's finished.

Crash was happy to have his favorite person to himself all day.




I found this last picture on Facebook today and was struck with the truth of this statement.  It makes you think about words doesn't it?  And trust me~I am preaching this to myself.

It's been a wonderful Christmas break, but I am ready to get back to our routine.  I am looking forward to trying some new things with the boys schoolwork this semester, and I am excited at the thought of us spending more time reading together.  I would also love to have your prayers for us~January is a rough month to homeschool.  It's kind of a letdown month, after Christmas, and it's hard to remain motivated.  If you could help me pray for those things, I would greatly appreciate it!  And you can add good attitudes to the list.  For all of us. I love teenagers, but mine are pushing my buttons.  Extra prayer never hurt anyone.  

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...