Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday

My favorite mom blogger is starting a new link up every other week, and I thought it would be fun to join her.  This one is called Show & Tell Tuesdays and each segment is on something different.  Today's is all about new year's resolutions.  Even though I don't really do those, I do have goals that I would like to work towards.


One.

I shared the other day that because I have developed the habit of reading my Bible each morning, I promised the Lord that I would read His word every single year of the rest of my life.  The more I read it, the more I know Him and the more like Him He makes me.  I have no idea what that will look like each year, but I am reading through chronologically again this year.  But in the New Living Translation.

Two.

I also shared that I am memorizing Scripture.  One verse at a time, two a month.  I am not going to set myself up to fail at this by doing too many verses at one time, like I've done in the past.  I am not.  I will succeed in this, so I can hide His word in my heart.  Because I struggle with anxiety issues, I NEED His word in my heart.

Three.

I aim to be more active this year.  After a year of non-activity due to the health problems I suffered with for so long, and then with the recovery of that surgery to have those issues fixed, I grew way too used to not being active.  I am changing that this year.  I have already started.

Four.

My word for this year is "Surrender".  I am aiming to live a life more surrendered to God.  Let me explain.  I have issues with anxiety sometime, and can tend to get worked up over no reason.  It's totally pointless for me to get worked up over those kinds of things, so I have decided to surrender those issues to the Lord.  I have done that before~surrendered it all to Him~but then I don't live out that life of surrender.  So two times in this past week, when I have felt myself starting to get worked up over things beyond my control, I have whispered to Him, "Lord, You are in control, and I surrender this to You."  It works.  Every single time.

Five.

I WILL get our attic cleaned out this year.  And along with the attic, I will get rid of everything that I own that we don't use or that isn't handed down from grandparents.  Some things I won't part with, like my late Grandma Lloyd's rose dishes.  I will have clean cabinets and cleaned out drawers and our attic will be full mainly of Christmas decorations and clothes waiting to be given to my boys.

That is all I want to list, because too many things that I want to achieve are too many things I might possibly fail to achieve.  What are you working toward this year?  Do you "do" resolutions?  Do you have word for the year each year?  Leave a comment and tell me all about yours!

God bless you and love to all.

I am linking up with Momfessionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...