Tuesday, December 16, 2014

weekend plus some

Our weekend always starts with lunch with my dad on Friday.  I love that.  This week, he got in my car and asked me where I wanted to go for my birthday lunch.  So of course, I opted for Japanese food.  Because it's my favorite.  We went to O'Saka.


My dad has taken me out for Japanese for my birthday for too many years to count.

Drew was not with us~my mom took him shopping to pick out his Christmas gift.  He was perfectly fine with missing this lunch because this kind of food makes his stomach hurt.  :(  Poor Drew.

After lunch the boys wanted to go to Johnson park.  For the third time that week.  Thankfully, my dad never minds going and sitting in the car with me while they play.  Some of them play soccer and Noah does this.


He climbs.  You should see him scale this pole.  It's amazing.

It was warm, which is why he's barefoot and in shorts and t-shirts.  But then again, he's always in shorts and t-shirts.

Friday night, Todd took the boys shopping for yours truly.  :)  He is so good about that, even though I gave him grief about forgetting a card.  I love that he has always taught the boys the art of gift giving.  Because what lady doesn't love a gift? I never buy myself anything.  Well, except for a book or a bottle of OPI every once in a while.  So I love when my boys pick out gifts for me.

While they shopped, I stayed home and watched more Christmas movies.  Imagine that.

Saturday was a long day.  We attended the funeral of their friend's mom and went to a Christmas program at our church that night.  I got a couple pictures of my boys looking handsome.


Sp grown up and so handsome.  Graham was leaning forward and laughing, but I love that look on his face.

Sunday was my thirty-eighth birthday.  :)  I got sang to and loved on and properly spoiled.


I celebrated by napping after lunch.

That night we had our Christmas program.  It was awesome!


It was a great birthday.

I love our town~for so many reasons, but especially when it's all decked out for Christmas.


Yesterday a sweet friend of mine came over with her son, and for four hours (almost) we sat and caught up.  It was heaven.  I always love when friends come over.  Then I took my kids to my in-love's and Toddley and I finished our Christmas shopping.  Well.  Almost.  I have a few more gifts to get for family members.

And today I wrapped them all.


Until I ran out of gift wrap.  All the goodies are in concealed boxes, though, so they can be wrapped while my kids are here.  That was the point of them spending the night away last night, so that I could wrap.

When I ran out of gift wrap, I ate lunch, then gave myself a pedicure and manicure.


My favorite Christmas color by OPI is Dear Santa.  It's red and sparkly and what's not to love?!  It's all about the little things in life.

It's been an awesome day.  Tonight we're having a company Christmas dinner and I am excited about that, too.  So, that's what we have been up to.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...