Sunday, December 21, 2014

weekend highlights

This has been a great weekend!  I love the Christmas season, so I am sad that it's about to be over.  Isn't that silly?  It's like a letdown once the actual day comes~at least, that's the case for me.  I'm always kind of sad on that day.  However, in the next couple of days after, I am ready to un-decorate my house from Christmas.  I always love how clean everything looks after this happens.

Friday was Christmas eve with my kids and my husband's parents.  They always spend that night with them, so Todd and I had a date.  We went and ate Chinese food, then we made a couple of stops and came home.  We were both completely miserable from eating too much, and I fell asleep in my chair at 8:30.  Can you even believe how old that makes me sound?


These were from our fortune cookies.

Saturday morning dawned bright and early and we went to his parent's house at nine.  We opened gifts, we ate, we laughed and fun was had by all.  Here are some pictures.







My husband's brother and his wife were there with their kids as well.  It's so much fun for them because they're all so close in age.  I love this about them, and I have similar memories from when I was a young girl.  They're the very best of friends.

After we left their house, we came home and picked up an extra kid and I dropped Jonah and Noah off at our church for a birthday party.  Who wouldn't want to play laser tag in a church?  They had a blast.

After the party they ended up spending the night with a friend, but Drew had a visitor.  :)


I love this card!  He was pretty excited, even though that doesn't appear to be the case.

I also opened up one of my gifts from that day and settled into my comfortable chair with that and a box of colored pencils and pens.



I got a journaling Bible!  I have been wanting one ever since I found out that such a thing existed a couple months ago.  I love it.  I have already filled a few pages with words and drawings.

Today Todd had a Christmas get together at the sheriff's department base.  Jonah was in his happy place.



Today was spent at church and tonight we attended a Carols By Candlelight service at my friend Abbey's church.  It was beautiful and peaceful and quaint.


It was an awesome weekend.  And I know that this week will be the same and that it is going to fly by.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...