Monday, December 8, 2014

just some words

It was a weekend.  Nothing about it was as we planned, but that seems to be the way things go.  The town Christmas parade was canceled for the second year in a row, but because of rain this time.  I have to say that I wasn't upset~I had no desire to go and sit in the miserable rain for two hours.  I was upset at the fact that for the second year in a row, there was no rain date.

They should think of fixing that next year.

Anyway.  The older boys had coffee house for the high school youth at church from nine to eleven, and I stayed home in my pajamas while Jonah and Noah ruled the upstairs with Alex and Andy, a couple of their best friends.

Saturday was insanely busy for me, but it was still a great day.  I had a luncheon with the other small group leaders at our Bible study teacher's house, then I had to run to a few stores.  My stepdad celebrated his sixty-third birthday and we helped him.  ;)



Large amounts of chicken parmesan, green beans, garlic bread, caesar salad and birthday cake were consumed and fun was had by all, at least, I hope fun was had by all.  After cooking all that food, would you believe I couldn't eat?  I had my portion today for lunch.  If I taste food while I'm cooking, it makes me sick to my stomach, and that was why I was unable to eat Saturday night.

Bummer.

Sunday found us at church bright and early~8:30~and we got a really sad phone call about the boy's best friend Alex.  His mom passed away very unexpectedly.  We are heartbroken for him and for their family.  Your prayers are much appreciated for them all.  So, because of all that has happened, we have put school on hold for the time being.  I felt it was important for my boys to be there for him, and we can always make up for lost time with homeschooling.  Some things can only be learned through the experience of life, and this is that kind of time.

Tonight we had dinner with my in-love's and were going to help them put up their tree, but couldn't because of a problem with the tree lights.  It was good seeing them, though, and not having to cook dinner!  ;)  And then when we got home, we put up our lights.


We might put up a couple more things, but for now, I am happy.  As are the boys.

Here are a few more pictures from yesterday~last night, the youth had their Christmas parties at church.





We adopted a family to love on, and the kids you see in the pics are part of that family.  Is this little doll not precious?  Her little mouth is so pouty!  Me and my sweet friend Scottie had some fun loving on her and on another little angel who was in attendance with his foster dad.  It was a sweet time of fellowship for all of us.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...