Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hump Day

I cannot read the words 'hump day' without smiling.  I still love that commercial with the camel.  I also love the State Farm commercial~the one with the man who gets caught on the phone with his insurance agent?

"It's Jake.  From State Farm."
"Oh really?  What are you wearing, Jake, from State Farm?" asks the wife.
"Khaki's."
"She sounds hideous!"
"Well, she's a guy."

I know it's ridiculous that I can recite the commercial and that it still makes me laugh.  But I can.  And it does.  :)

We had a repairman here all day long, almost.  I like to call him Mr. Miyagi.  Because he is from Japan, he looked like Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid and I couldn't understand what he said his actual name was.  The good news is that I have a (practically) brand new washing machine.  It's actually not new, but it's our old one, rebuilt.  It's nice to do laundry without the squeaking of the belt.

I picked a Bible study that I started back in the summer back up and will finish it during our Christmas break.  And if I have time, I have another new one that I would like to do as well, but I don't think I'll have the time.  It's a different type that I've been doing since August, but I know it will still be good.

While Mr. Miyagi was here, I cleaned out a drawer in the kitchen and an entire cabinet that stresses me out.  And I found all my Christmas cd's!  They've been missing.  Three of the boys went to the park, so while Noah and I stayed inside where it's warm, we enjoyed some hot chocolate together.


We sipped our hot drinks while Harry Connick Jr. sang to us.  And now all the boys are at church, I was able to finish wrapping all their gifts and Toddley and I are home along, watching Elf.

My favorite.

Hopefully your day was wonderful.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...