Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Favorites


It's been such a strange week!  And not (all) because of things mentioned earlier this week in the blog.  This is our church's Christmas production week, and every single day, one or all of my kids and husband (four of them, one of him) have been at church.  They have been helping out with all of the technical stuff.

I've had alone time with Noah, and I have had time alone with myself.  I loved it at first, but by last night, I was done.  A girl can only do so many Christmas movies before they become redundant.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorites from this week.

One.



The youth Christmas party was so fun.  I love being with teenagers and my fellow leaders!  Us adults have as much fun as the teenagers!  We might even have more fun.  ;)  Watching this sweet little boy Jordan opening his gifts from our girls was awesome.  And watching Katelyn's face (sitting on the floor next to him, looking away) as he opened each gift was priceless~she cried the entire time.  I love that girl.

Two.


We put Christmas lights out at nine o'clock at night.  And it wouldn't be a proper Christmas if Todd and I didn't fight at least once over this process.  This year did not disappoint.  ;)  Each year usually requires one or both of us apologizing.  That makes me laugh.  Keepin' it real!  Alex was here to help us do this, and as we were decorating, we were listening to Pentatonix sing Christmas carols.

Three.



The selfie is because I am in the uniform I've worn every night this week~this shirt is the softest shirt I have ever owned.  It's from our girls retreat a few weeks ago.  And because my hair has gotten so long and because of the curls, this is how I wear my hair when I go to bed.  Stuck up in a messy bun to keep it from knotting up while I toss and turn.  Makeup off, comfy clothes on, check.

I watched one of the many Christmas movies on my list that night.  By the light of the tree.

Four.

My husband.  If I haven't told you how awesome he is lately, know that he is.  He spoils me!  He is the Christmas shopper in our home and it makes me love him even more.  God love him.  He has done mostly things online, but during his work day, he's gone around to stores and bought additional things for the boys there.  Last night he informed me that tonight, he and the boys were going out to shop.  Which means...another night at home, alone.  I'm trying to change that, though.  I've had enough alone time this week!  I know that sounds so good to some of you, and honestly, I do love being alone from time to time.  But, my house is too quiet.  I prefer to hear the noise and laughter that comes with my life.

Because of the lack of things we have done this week, I cannot think of anymore.  Well, that and I need to go do laundry and get dressed.  My dad will be here shortly and I have some things to do before twelve comes.  Happy Friday and love to all!

(Once again, I am linking up with Momfessionals.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...