Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Come On In~Christmas Tour

I don't profess to have a huge, beautifully decorated home, but I do love the home the Lord has blessed us with.  It's cozy, it's cool in the summer and warm in the winter, it's always open to friends~ours and the boys, and I love it even more each year at Christmas.  I go all out, I am not going to lie.  I am of the belief that a little Christmas in every room is a good thing.  :)  Most of my things are old, and the majority of my favorite things have been given to us by loved ones.  Come on in, and I'll show you around.


You've already seen a hundred pictures of my Christmas tree, but I cannot get enough of it's beauty.  Last night was heaven, because this is what I did while Todd tried fixing our cable.


I told you.  I am obsessed.


The place mats were a new edition this year.  I love them!  And the snowman is from my Mom.  There is a pie plate that I usually have sitting inside of it, but for the life of me, I cannot find it.


I have books laying around everywhere.  On the far left, in the dining room, all over my room and the living room.  I always have piles of them.  I love the bottle of lights in this picture~I took dinner to a friend who had surgery last year, and as a thank you for the dinner, she gave me the bottle with lights inside.  How precious was that?  It's such a simple idea, but I really love it.  And because I love even more the sweet lady who gifted it to me, it is even more special.  I will treasure it always.


It looks amazing at night.


I love this giant Christmas platter.  Every year I think we're going to make the cookies, but we haven't yet.  Maybe this year will be the year.  I also love the little snowman paintings in this picture~Jonah and Noah painted them in the second grade.


I have Santa's all over, too.  :)


I keep most of my normal things out, I just add Christmas to it all.  I use all the things I have out, so a little pretty along with it just makes it happier for me.


Oh, wait...that's not Christmas.  ;)  They undressed the dining room table last night so they could start a marathon game of Monopoly.  I love when they play board games.


My mom made this for me!  She is seriously talented.


A teacher friend of mine gave me these when Drew was five.  Ignore the dust on the mirror that you see.  Keepin' it real.


Atop the piano.  I love the picture of the boys!  I usually do garland on the piano top, but it seems to have disappeared into the black hole that is our attic.


A little Christmas pillow in front of the normal couch pillows~I would love more decorative Christmas pillows, but my family disagrees.  I think they think that couch pillows are frivolous.  I think the more, the merrier!  I love the way they make the couches look all dressed up.


I love our mantle and hearth.


I love most, our nativity.  The tree has gotten a little smooshed over the years, but I used to sit and gaze at this thing for hours when I was a little girl.  My mom gave it to me several years ago.


It's not a great picture of it, but Todd's most favorite Christmas decorative item is the Santa that you see atop the book shelves.  It's an Alabama Santa.  It has a prominent place each year, along with a few Alabama ornaments that we put on the tree.

What are some of your favorite Christmas things or decorations?  Feel free to show some comment love!  I'm linking up with Momfessionals for this post.  Love to all!

4 comments:

Renae said...

Nice-love that door hanger ornament.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you, Renae! My mom is the most talented woman I know. She's the one who made it for me. :) And thank you for stopping by my blog and reading it! I will go visit yours now. :)

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Such a warm cozy christmassy house!!! Happy Holidays!


XO sarita it's my girls' world

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you, Sarita! For stopping by AND for the comment love! Have a merry Christmas!

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...