Monday, November 3, 2014

weekend wrap-up

I love the cool weather we had this weekend!  And I love that Halloween fell on a Friday night, even though we didn't have many trick-or-treaters.  It was kinda strange, actually, but we have lots of leftover candy.  That makes the kids happy.  ;)

I made a huge pot of chicken tortilla soup for dinner.  My mom made chili and brought it over.


I have enjoyed eating on this all weekend.  :)

The kids all went trick-or-treating with their friends.  I didn't get any pictures!  I don't even know what they went as, how's that for mom of the year?

I did get a picture of one of my children, the only one I have who would be willing to dress this way.


He went with a group of girls and they said he could come with them if he dressed as one.  So he did.

After my mom, step-dad and sister left, Todd and I sat around this.


It was a loverly night.

Saturday morning dawned bright and early for us, since we went to bed at ten thirty.  Todd had a lot to do that day, though, and he got an early start.  One of the things included replacing our old, broken fence with a new one.


It was cold!  He had lots of help.

The boys thought it would be fun to give me a heart attack.


Eek!  Toddley found a black widow on the wood in the backyard.  Drew thought it would be fun to bring it inside.  She's back outside now, though, still in this jar.

My mom came and picked me up and we did some running around together.  Our last stop was Target, and we got our first red cup of the season!


I was freezing, so I came home and put on something a little more warm.  Brrrr!


I stayed in this all night at my mom's house.  Seriously, I was freezing, until I had a cup of coffee, then I got hot and took off the scarf and jacket.

Sunday morning found us at church very early for a teacher meeting.  Afterward, we came home and enjoyed...you guess it...chicken tortilla soup.  :)

Todd and I watched a little telly.


I took a nap right after this.  Last night our community group met at a different house and we sat around the bonfire and talked about the book we are reading together.  We also enjoyed s'mores.


I am so bummed, because we are not having community group next weekend.  :(  But, we are having a girls retreat Friday and Saturday, so yay for that!  I look forward to spending the weekend with some of my favorite people.

It was a great weekend!  I hope yours was too.  Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...