Saturday, November 29, 2014

traditions~Zoo Lights

Every year for the past decade, we have gone to see the lights at the Memphis Zoo the night after Thanksgiving.  This is one of our many traditions that we love each Christmas season.  Before we go each year, we meet out at my dad's house to eat an early dinner so we can be at the zoo entrance by six.  And might I just say that we outdid ourselves on his lights this year?





I have to say that last night might have been my favorite night ever.  You have to pay to get in, but once you're in, you can ride the tram all you want, for free.  We walked all the way to the back of the zoo, then caught the tram for the ride back to the front.  Todd got us all started singing Christmas carols while we were riding, and before we knew it, the whole tram was singing with us.  We overheard a little girl say, "This is just like sitting in church and singing songs on Christmas eve, except that everyone around you can sing on key!"  She melted our hearts.  And when they got off, before they walked away, she told us all that we had beautiful voices.

Todd wanted to take her home with us.

Here are some fun pictures from last night.










We always have such a great time.  I am thankful for yet another year with my sweet dad and my beautiful step-mom.  I don't take a single day for granted.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...