Friday, November 28, 2014

the most wonderful time of year

I've been absent for so long that I don't know where to start!  I haven't felt that great all week, so I haven't really felt like doing much of anything.  The past couple of days have been fun, though.

The boys finished with all their school work by Tuesday so they could have Wednesday off, so I took them (plus a friend) to a really cool park.





There were all these cool structures for them to climb on, and it satisfied Noah's ability of being like a monkey.  I enjoyed the swings while they climbed.

Thanksgiving morning dawned bright and early for Jonah and me~we wanted to be up in plenty of time to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  :)  I don't know that I have ever finished watching that before, but yesterday we got close.  We left home at noon to go to Mom's and Bill's for lunch.  It was so good seeing my sister and niece!  I haven't seen my niece in over a year and it's been since April since I saw my sister Lisa.


This is one of my nephews, Tyler.  I wish I had gotten more pictures, but I didn't.  This picture was taken right after he shoved a bite of keylime pie into her face.  In the background, another of my nephews, Devin, was playing Monopoly with my boys.  Also in attendance were my niece and her boyfriend, another sister Trish and her son Devin, my mom, my step-dad and us.

After lunch, all the boys and Erika went out in the woods to shoot guns.  ;)


This was them walking that way.

And then there was lots of driving of the tractor.


Jonah could do this all the live long day.  He was driving around in his own little world, while his brothers played Monopoly.

We came home kinda early, because I wasn't feeling good again and needed more medicine.  I took a short nap, then Todd left with Graham, Drew and Jonah to Rack Room to buy shoes.  He got two pairs of shoes for an amazing price, thanks to the early Black Friday bargains.  :)  The man can shop, I will give him that.

I wasn't going to decorate for Christmas until today, but these two little motivators talked me into getting started.  Graham and Drew went out with their friend Kyle, and while they were gone, Jonah, Noah and I got started.




I love our tree!  I added white lights for an extra pop this year and I love it.  :)  Jonah and Noah rock at getting this thing all set up.  Graham and Drew came home while we were putting the lights on and helped out.  I did a few more things around the house, but stopped at ten-thirty to watch a Christmas movie.  However, I got sleepy and turned it off and went to bed to read.

It was a great day, one that I was thankful to spend with beloved family.  I wish all of them could have been there, but it was good seeing the ones that were.  And now....it's my favorite time of year!  I have been looking forward to this day since November 1.  I love decorating for Christmas, and I especially love sitting by the light of our tree each night.  It's so cozy and warm and inviting and a little magical.  I also love our Christmas traditions, though some of them are changing with the boys getting older.

I am thankful for the time I have, though.  It won't always be like it is now, so I cherish the moments I do have with all my kids at home.  Time is slipping through my hands, it seems.

Today I will finish decorating and then we're going out to my dad's at four to eat an early dinner and go to the Zoo Lights.  Bring on the traditions.  This week is crammed full of them.

Well.  Coffee is calling my name.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...