Tuesday, November 11, 2014

catching up again

Life has been slightly crazy the past few days.  Maybe that's why my last week was so easy and simple~the Lord must have been preparing me for the days ahead!  ;)  I'm joking, I'm joking...kinda...but I am thankful for the quiet of last week to rest up.  

On Friday, after my dad left, I picked up a couple of awesome teenage girls and headed to the country for our church's girls retreat.  This was such a fun time we had last year, and this year was no different.  I am always so excited to be a part of things like this, and I do love having some time with these girls that God has placed in my life.  I wish I had gotten tons of pictures, but I didn't.  Here are a few that I did take, though.






It was a sweet time of worship and learning the attributes of God.  By the time I left on Saturday afternoon, I was so exhausted!  I almost felt like I had been drugged by seven that night~my reactions were delayed and I didn't feel like I could form a complete thought.  I guess I'm not as young as I used to be.  

I was so glad that my mom and step dad let us come out for dinner that night.  If ever there was a night that I didn't want to cook, that was the night.  :)
Sunday found us at church bright and early, and I was a wreck, emotionally.  (I was Friday night, too.)  Seriously, sometimes I get so overwhelmed with how much I love the Lord.  I feel like He loves me so much, and He does, but I love when He shows me this through His word.  I have really been studying His word lately, and I am amazed by Him.  (If you are interested in how I do this, please feel free to leave a comment with your email address, or you can just email me at allboys@gmail.com.)  

After church, we went to lunch with some friends and then I was going to take the boys to Skyzone and Todd was going to go to Costco, but my car had other plans.  As I got off the interstate, my car just died.  I could no longer accelerate and I assumed I was out of gas.  (I was, but there was more to it than just that.)  

I amused myself with my phone for four hours.  FOUR HOURS.  









And I had too much to drink at lunch.  :/  

My sweet neighbor came and got all the boys and I cried (seriously...hormones???) thinking of how much it sucks that they're moving to Nashville when their house sells.  I couldn't leave Todd, so I sat with him and played on my phone (above) and took a nap.  I only froze a little and was thankful it wasn't colder or any hotter.  We finally had to call his parentals at five, and they came to our rescue when he realized that changing the fuel filter didn't help.  I drove his (monstrous) truck home and he and his dad towed my car home.  

And Todd worked on it all day yesterday, but praise God it's running again!  He was even able to go to a friend's house last night and they made my instrument panel work again.  Yay!  It's been out forever.

The boys all went home with my in-love's Sunday night and I sat and watched television all day.  I did accomplish some laundry and light cleaning, but it was awesome to just sit and not have anything to do or anywhere to be.  Graham and Drew worked yesterday, which is why they went home with Todd's parents (they needed a ride), and they got to meet the CEO and CFO of Chick Fil A yesterday, Dan and Bubba Cathey.  


How awesome is that?!  Graham was slightly starstruck.  More than slightly.  He said after meeting them, that he understood why this corporation is so amazing.  

While not doing anything yesterday, I went on search of a new journal for me to write in.  I found all the ones I've finished, since 2006, if you can believe that.


The reason I journal is so that I can look back and marvel over God's faithfulness.  These little books have given me an outlet to surviving some tough times in my life.  I am thankful that I wrote down everything, because in looking back, I can see how far He has brought me.  Talk about faith building!  I encourage you to try this for yourself~I write down prayers, sermon notes and verses that stick out to me in my quiet time.  I usually go through about two of these a year, but lately, I've been writing in my journal much more than usual, so it may be more for this year.  Only sixteen are pictured above, but total, I have about twenty that I've completed.  

And I did find one that was unused in my collection.  :)  I started writing in it right after I found it.  

Last night, the older boys went to a guys only lock-in at church and returned at seven a.m. this morning.  Jonah and Noah had a couple friends spend the night~Alex and Cole.  And a third friend just got dropped off, so it should be a fun day off for them.  We usually go to the veteran's day parade downtown, but because of the lock-in, we missed it this year.  I'm a little sad about it, too.  I really want to go downtown soon and ride the trolley.   

Well.  I need to go fold some clothes now.  I hope you enjoy your day, whatever it is that you're doing.  Love to all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...