Wednesday, November 12, 2014

a title-less post (because I cannot think of a title)

The boys went to church tonight and Todd and I stayed home.  I don't do that very often~let them go without me, but I did tonight.  And can I say it's kinda nice to have an hour and a half of quiet with him, not competing for his attention?  (Homeschool problems.)  Not that we talked that much, we just sat in the quiet.  We don't have to have words to connect.  We just do, and it's nice.

In staying at home, he watched Drugs Inc. on the National Geographic channel.  Why people do that mess is beyond me~you would have to live in a hole to miss all the possible side effects.  And even if they "just" do marijuana, why take the chance on doing even "just" that, when it's laced with who knows what?  It's a different world we live in today, and in my humble opinion, one can never be too careful.

On a lighter note, I have a current new favorite polish by OPI.


Brace yourself for the name, it's a great one~Viking In A Vinter Vonderland.  I told you.  It's a really deep purple.  I lurve it.  And for four bucks, it was worth the splurge.

I would love to be the one with the job of coming up with the OPI names.  But Suzi does a good enough job.  (I kid you not~her name is Suzi.  Hashtag obsessed, anyone?)

Have I mentioned lately how much I detest public displays of affection on Facebook?  I'm sorry.  I do.  They make me cringe.  There is one that really gets to me on my "friends" list.  I would promise that they're probably right there on the couch together, getting all up close on personal on their Facebook status and in the comment section.  If you have to display your love life in public on Facebook...well, chances are that it's not all that it's cracked up to be.  You can accomplish much more by saying those things in private to the one you love, besides, who are they really trying to impress?  Their mate, or all six hundred and eighty-something of their friends?  Get a room.  There.  I said what all of you think every once in a while.

(Gosh.  I don't know what's wrong with me tonight.)

Please excuse the rant.  I'll be done in a few minutes.  All my Bible verses probably bug people...I'm sure someone out there thinks I'm pretending to be all holier than thou...I assure you, I am not.  When I post Bible verses, it's because I want to share a little of what the Lord showed me in my quiet time that morning.  I promise that if I am anything at all, it's that I am a wreck every single day.  But Jesus loves me in all my messiness.

In our time of being quiet together tonight, while Toddley watched television, I looked through my old pictures on Facebook.  The photo above is from there.  I had mixed emotions as I looked through all the pictures~I miss our Icelandic friends, but I am so thankful that I got to know them.  They will forever be dear in my heart.  Some of the pictures made me smile so big~and some of them made me miss old friends that we went to church with.  I told you.  Mixed emotions.

I've been extremely weepy lately.  I don't even know what to say about that.

My mom and I have this joke about us and certain shoes that we always wear.  It can be thirty degrees outside, and you will see us both walking around the house in flip flops.  Like right now, for instance.  Although, I will say that I am a little chilly.  I'm tempted to go and change right now.

The boys are struggling to get their work done this week~it's been a strange week, and I've not been that great at homeschooling.  The older two are finishing their work for Renewed Moms right now.

That's all that I can think of.  I started writing this when they were all gone, but now they're all back home.  I hope I didn't bore you to tears.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...