Tuesday, September 2, 2014
My project list.
I thought I would start something new and fun (for me), because I talk about the same old things all the time on this blog. I was supposed to get started yesterday, but better late than never, right? We will be going out of town for a week on Sunday, so this week, I have lots and lots of projects going on, but what about the rest of September?
1. This week I will be all about lists~packing, food, vacation dinner menu, what to tell Chandler when he house and dogs sits for us~so I will start working on my many lists today.
2. I will also start the process of getting things 'vacation ready', meaning that we will be keeping things clean around here all week. I like leaving my home nice and clean so when I come home it's the same way.
3. Vacation stuff aside, I have GOT to better at meal planning. September through February are my favorite meal planning months. I love the cooler nights we'll be having, and I love ALL THINGS FALL. :)
4. I really, really want to paint my kitchen cabinets. My husband promised me that we would do this task this year, and I am going to hold him to it. My only problem is that I cannot decide on a color. I've gone back and forth between white, black and grey.
5. I always feel like my closets in this house are a mess. Probably because they are, with the boys around. I would really like to remedy that problem this month. I'm hoping to get the playroom closet all cleaned out and organized. It's a huge closet that gives me nightmares every time I think about it.
6. I want to decorate for Fall! I have a few things laying around in the attic that I might pull down this week. If not this week, then definitely the week we return home from our trip.
7. I need to assign jobs for my kids to prevent all their arguing. They drive me bonkers with the bickering they do over who does what and when. I was talking to some friends about this Sunday night, and I am glad it's not just me who battles her kids over this. I might start working on that today.
8. I want to paint my front door. The kids and I can knock this out in a day.
And because I can't think of anymore, I'll be done. That might not seem like a huge list, but I like to start small so I can expand if I finish what's already there. I need to get moving~we are all dragging this morning! Love to all.
(I'm linking up to Momfessionals.)
Yesterday's post was long and detailed. Today's will be short and sweet. Here are some random things I've loved this week. I...
I loved this morning's devotion from Jesus Calling, so I thought it would share it with you. All of the below is written by Sarah Young...
Jonah looked at me this afternoon and said, "I wish we had church tonight." Makes my heart all happy. Fact about me: I cry ofte...
You all know I have an aversion to Thursday, right? Well, lately I've been wondering why. Here's what I've come up with: my d...