Thursday, September 18, 2014

what's for dinner Thursday

Todd has worked late this week, so when he's gone, I tend to keep things simple on the meal schedule.  I will spare you the details of every meal we've eaten this week, but I've re-visited two of our favorites.

Hot ham and cheese sandwiches were what we had on Tuesday.  You can find the recipe here.

Actually, they are favorites of just Drew and me.  Nobody else in the house is in love with them, and I thought they were.  Oops!  When I made these the other night, I left out the mustard, because three of my children hate the stuff.  They are so good, and I made broccoli cheddar soup to accompany them.

Another favorite is what we're having tonight, and that is from my best friend's website.


 What, you didn't know we were BFF's?!  I wish.  I do love her (The Pioneer Woman, aka Ree Drummond) recipes, though, and on the menu for tonight is her perfect, simple chili.  You can find that recipe here.  I triple this recipe when I make it.  The single size, that serves 6-8, does NOT serve that many.  I've tried doubling it and it wasn't enough, so now I know to triple it so we can eat leftovers.  The longer it sits, the better it gets.  Don't let the masa harina throw you off~it's what makes the whole recipe.

We're having some friends over for dinner tonight, so I am excited about what we're eating.  I love a good bowl of chili.

Hopefully this will inspire someone to make a yummy dinner tonight.  ;)  Love to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...