Wednesday, September 3, 2014

what's been happening Wednesday

I'm going to try to change my posts up a little and not make it so journal-ish.  I might fall back to that some days, if I can't think of anything else to write.  And I'm smiling because I'm writing as if I'm writing to a million people, and I don't believe that to be true.  I do know some of you read this (because you tell me so), and thank you for reading through the years.  I'm hoping to get some new readers, by linking up to other blogs more.  Hopefully I'll have a subject to write on each day.  At least, that's my plan.  Who knows if it'll actually go like that?!

I will confess that since yesterday, I have become borderline obsessed with the Momfessionals blog.  I've gone back and read through a lot of her older entries.  I love finding new blogs!  They inspire me.

If you're into organization and writing, you should go read today's post on her blog.  And in doing that, I found ANOTHER new blog to read.  :)  It's probably better that I just stay off of the computer all day.  It's getting me into trouble!

Emily Ley.  Let's just say that I might try her awesome planner this year, instead of the Erin Condren one I've been using.  It's been great~the Erin Condren one~but I love that this other style has a separate page for each day.  I also love the corners of the planner and the band that holds it all together.  (I'm thinking that I will use my birthday and Christmas money to buy this, since I totally cannot justify spending that kind of money on a planner.  What better gift, though, for someone like me?)  #firstworldproblems

Anyway.  Back to today's post.

I was so excited to see this month in my daily reading Bible.


September is the month we will finally make it into the New Testament in the chronological Bible I've been reading through with the ladies from my church.  I am so excited!  It's the small things in life, people...really, it is.

I captured this pretty picture at Graham's friend's house the other day.


Makes me want to live in the country so bad.  Someday.

I have been hanging some things.  I'm in the mood to re-purpose the things in my home.  Thanks to my Mom for giving me some new things to hang, I will spend part of later this week doing just that.


I love to decorate, but I don't love spending money on my hobby.  I love to take things in areas of my home and find new homes and uses for them throughout.  It's re-purposing.  :)  My sister Trish is genius at this task, and she's the one I learned from, I'm pretty sure.

(The porthole looking mirror is something my Mom gave me the other day.  I love it!  I would like to add something else, maybe a small G, under it though.)


This big "G" was that lime green, and yesterday, the kids and I painted it red.  I'm going to hang it on my front door, but I don't have the right things to use to hang it at this time.  It turned out really great and I love it.


The kids have been great at helping out around here all week.  My list of things to do is a mile long, and yesterday, Jonah rewarded himself for his hard work by spending time drawing.  We considered it part of our homeschool day, under the subject of art.

:)

In case you're wondering, he was drawing army vehicles.


This was my kitchen table this morning.  I thought I had already done this week's Bible study homework, but I had not, so I had a lot of work to do.  We meet tomorrow, and for those who have never done a Precept Bible study before, it's NOT recommended until the day before to do all five days of homework.  Three and a half hours later, I finished.

Seriously, it is not for the faint of heart, but it is so good!  Just when I think I'm not "getting it", I will remember back on something I studied two years ago from an earlier study.  Studying the Bible is my number one hobby, and the Precept upon Precept way (by Kay Arthur) is all about studying certain words and why they're sometimes used over and over in a certain passage.  It's also about how to study the Bible in context with the entirety of it...not just taking one little verse and making it mean what I think it means.

I always feel smarter when I'm done.


As I finished my Bible study homework, Jonah worked at the table alongside me.  He was doing grammar when I took this, and he was staying close by, in case I needed to answer any questions he had about prepositional phrases, compound subjects and infinitives.

I love to see him figure out how to break down entire sentences.  And I love our grammar book!  It's called Easy Grammar Plus, and my sweet friend Andrea loaned it to me.  :)  They all work from it.

Well.  That's about all I've got for now...aside from all I've written, the boys have been inside the fort they made in their room.  I love forts...have I ever mentioned that?  They pulled out every pillow in the house, along with the mattresses off their beds and the giant teddy bears from Costco, and turned all that into one giant fort.  It was awesome.  I really wish I had gotten a picture, but I think they've disassembled it by now.  I think they were doing their school work in the fort at one point, but I made them stop, because they were getting zero accomplished, at least judging from the amount of noise that was coming from the vicinity of their room.

I'm such a meanie.

Enjoy the rest of your day!  Love to all.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I am excited to see where your new blog inspiration leads you. :-) I am always reading your blog. I need to get better at commenting! I definitely think you need the Simplified Planner. :-)

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you! I always read yours too, and I need to comment more as well! I think I'll probably have a theme for each day...or I'll try to, anyway. We'll see what I can come up with. I don't always want to copy what other people do, but if there's a link up, I just might, depending on the topic. I would LOVE that planner, I'm sure! Our conversation about it yesterday cracked me up. We're such geeks!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...