Tuesday, July 1, 2014

my favorite week of summer

I love this week of summer!  I love, love, love fireworks and the things we do each year to celebrate our nation.  We've already enjoyed one night of celebrating, and that was the night that Bellevue had their Starlight Spectacular.  If you don't know, Bellevue is a mega-church in Memphis, and they put on a phenomenal show every year, the best I have ever seen.

I tried taking pictures, but deleted them all because they didn't turn out.

This year at the Starlight Spectacular, Michael W. Smith was there to perform.  I love his voice, and he sang songs that took me right back to my teen years.  Songs like, My Place In This World and Friends Are Friends Forever.


This picture doesn't do the sunset justice, but I got all nostalgic listening to him sing and seeing the setting sun, and being surrounded by family and friends.  It was a great night, especially considering all the rain we'd had earlier that day.  I am so glad that the rain gave way to sunshine.


My one required picture of the boys.  :)  It only took six to get this one, thanks to the goofballs sitting down.


My sweet friend Andrea came and sat with us.  I am so glad she did, especially because we haven't had the time to catch up lately.  She brings this silly grin to my face every time I'm with her.

Over these next few days we'll be enjoying lots of time with family and friends.  My neighbors are out of town and have told us that we can use their pool while they're away, so we are going to take advantage.  The boys have already gone night swimming once, and I see more of that in the near future.  It's one of their favorite things to do.


I will be enjoying this view for the next few days.  I hope you enjoy this week and that you get to spend lots of time with the ones you love most.  :)  Happy July!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...