Tuesday, June 3, 2014

fun day Monday

I feel so much better about myself as I write this post~I finally met the new neighbors last night!  For those of you on Facebook, you might remember a post about me not feeling Martha Stewart enough and not wanting to meet them because of that fact (dumb, I know, but at the time I was hormonal).  And by that I mean that everybody else took them something, but I am not that with it, and that thought never occurred to me.  Anyway, I met them last night and we ended up talking for almost an hour and a half.  I even got a tour of their house, which I have never been inside, in the eleven years we've been here.  (I love looking at other people's houses!  Random tidbit about me.)

Yesterday was a really fun day for us, even though it was so long for me!  Graham and I had to wake up at five a.m. to get him to church by six fifteen.  I kinda thought I would nap later, but later never came.  :/  I took Jonah, Noah, and our next door neighbors Myles and Zander swimming at my mom-in-love's neighborhood pool.  We had to run to the grocery store first for dinner ingredients and sinus medicine for my dad-in-love, we came home to pick them up and drop off the groceries, then we ran some medicine up to him at the golf course he was at.  There was a tournament yesterday for a rehab center here that he's on the board of, and he was stuck there with a headache.

We ate lunch then headed to their pool.  And all proceeded to get sunburned.  :(  Seriously, I really did use sunscreen on all of us.  I took a few pictures.



My happy place~outside by a pool.  Any pool, in fact, not just this pool.  We get to do it all over again today, this time with friends from church.  And with LOTS more sunscreen, to prevent a burn.

We came home after this and I got started on dinner for us and for a friend.  But imagine my surprise when I came home and found this goodie waiting for me on the front porch.


I was a member of the launch team to get the word about Beth Moore's latest Bible study, and as a 'thank you', I got this for free!  I can't wait to start it.  :)  I love me a Beth Moore Bible study!  This one is on the books of first and second Thessalonians.

After dinner it started pouring down rain, but with no lightning and thunder, so I let the kids do this:



They put on their swimming trunks and ran to play in the puddles of water on our street.  This is what life is all about for kids~these little moments of unexpected joy.  That is the kind of thing memories are made of, and I am so thankful for that!  The laughter and the looks on their faces filled my heart with such happiness.

Have I mentioned how much I love summer?  I do.

Today we're going to swim some more, and I plan on maybe us all having game night after dinner.  What are your plans for this hot day?  Whatever they may be, I hope you enjoy yourself and take the time to soak up the moments with your kids.  I know I plan to.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...