Wednesday, April 2, 2014

wordy

I feel like I have so much to say right now, and nobody around to talk to.  I'm thankful that I feel like I can do this here...even if you never comment, I know you read.  I don't want anybody to ever think that what gets posted on this blog is intentionally boastful.  I never ever in a million years mean to be that way!  I might say how proud I am of one of my kids, but I never can get this verse out of my head:

As the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord."  2 Corinthians 10:17

That being said, I will continue on my merry way.

I feel like, for the past two weeks now, that I cannot get enough of my Bible!  Part of it may be the book I'm reading for our Bible fellowship class, which teaches about being spiritually disciplined, and part of may be answered prayer about me falling in love with the Word all over again, but whatever it is, I cannot put it down.  I feel like I carry it all over my house.  It's gone into my bathroom with me to read while I'm getting dressed, I take it to bed at night, I wake up with it in the morning for quiet time, it's on the kitchen counter, or on my table, in my chair...I cannot get enough.

While that is definitely a good thing, I can't help but think back on times in the past when I've been like this.  It was always right before something happened.  Not necessarily anything bad, but just something the Lord was preparing me for.  I have no idea why I'm like this right now, but I'm soaking it in.

(I had a first today~while I got dressed, I listened to 1 and 2 Thessalonians on my YouVersion app.)

I told you!  In case you thought I wasn't being truthful.

I've always got a lot going on in my life, involving reading and studying the Bible.  I am in a Bible study on Thursdays at our homeschool group, which is always a Precepts study by Kay Arthur.  I'm usually reading some sort of plan for my private quiet time, and I'm reading through the Bible chronologically.  While that may seem like a lot (and it is), what better thing to do lots of?  The Lord has shown me so much already this year, in just these first four months.  I know that He will continue to do that, and it's exciting!

On a completely different note, we're about to head to church.  Todd and I are taking a class to help foster parents out the next few weeks, and because the class is so long, we get to eat dinner at church every week for free.  Not just us, but our kids, as well.  This makes me really excited~it's been almost three years since we've eaten dinner at church on a Wednesday night.  ;)

Today the boys rocked their school work.  That includes Jonah and Noah learning a new concept in math, which I taught them.  We skipped the DVD for once.  It was fun (I usually don't do the teaching of the math) and they were proud of how fast they caught on.  They're all almost done with their math books for this school year.  When they finish these, I'm going to let them take a break for a couple weeks in math, then we're going to start the next book for next year.  I've learned that if we miss a couple weeks, like for Christmas break, it's harder getting back into.  I'm totally okay with keeping a few subjects going all year, like math and science.

And, if they finish their high school required math early, it'll just make their senior year that much more pleasurable.

I took a picture of what my table looked at one point this morning.


Jonah and Noah were with me, Graham and Drew were upstairs, and while they worked, I completed this week's Bible study homework for my homeschool group tomorrow.

I am so excited that I pulled out my summer lotion today~it's Aruba Coconut from.  I must say that I smell really yummy right now.

Well...I have to run!  When I write tomorrow (maybe tonight), it'll be about my almost fourteen year old!  Love to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...