Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Talkative Tuesday

;)  Catchy, huh?!

Yesterday was a really good day, aside from the fact that Jonah didn't feel very well.  I think he's just got a nasty sinus infection, but still, it was enough to make him lay on the couch all day.  He even took two naps, which is totally unheard of.  The kid never sits still and he most certainly never shuts his mouth long enough for a daytime nap.

I cleaned my house like a madwoman yesterday.  I did the downstairs, and Graham, Drew and Noah did the upstairs.  They even made my bed for me as an unexpected favor.  I love it when that happens.

I had a meeting at church last night at seven, and Todd wasn't home, so the boys and I went there for an hour.  After the meeting Graham had to run to Chick Fil A in Collierville to return his badge, and because Jonah hadn't eaten dinner and because his "neck" hurt (his words, not mine), I bought him a milkshake.  The rest of the boys got large waters, but I bought myself a large diet coke.


And yes, I am in the passenger seat.  :)  Graham was driving us around...something I'm almost starting to enjoy.

This morning I took Graham, Drew and a friend of theirs to get their hairs cut.  ;)  I know it's been around for ages, but I have never been to Gould's Academy.  It costs $12 for a haircut, and that includes them washing your hair and drying it afterward.  They did a really good job on the boys, so we will be going back.  Drew's hair was in a desperate place, bless it, and she thinned his hair out so much.  The same for Graham, but his wasn't quite as bad as Drew's.  I took pictures of them, but they disappeared on my phone.  I don't know where they went, probably in cyber space somewhere.

While I waited on them, Jonah and Noah played on the stools in the waiting room, by raising and lowering them repeatedly.  I took a picture, but I don't think I posted it on Facebook and I'm too lazy to go find it.  I filled in the pages of my Erin Condren life planner.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love this beautiful life planner?  I do.


Somebody turns fourteen this week!  My Ruby, my Drewby, my pumpy-umpy-umpkin.  ;)  That used to be his ringtone on my phone.  We're having the family over for cake and ice cream Thursday night.

Writing in these blanks makes me so happy.  :)  Yes, that's a doctor's appointment I have on Friday~fingers crossed that this is the doctor who actually does something to fix whatever is going on in my body!

Speaking of doctors, my sister was able to be taken off the ventilator!  They were able to get it out, with no tracheotomy!  I know she still has a long road ahead of her, but for now, her report is promising.  She was able to maintain good numbers today, but she did tire this afternoon, so they gave her some oxygen through the nose tubes.  This is nothing short of a miracle.

We had to run to the Chick Fil A that Graham is working at now, to pick up his uniform.  We decided to eat lunch there, while we were at it.  We ended our day at the park.  It was beautiful out, and I took some time to read my book.


When we came home, I sat down to check my emails, I found this in my inbox.


Woohoo!  I was asked to be a part of the launch team for Beth Moore's newest Bible study, which will be released in the fall of this year.  I'm so excited about this!  All I have to do is share images on all my social media sites, including this blog, so you'll have to bear with me the next few months.  I get some fun freebies, too, as a "thank you" from Living Proof Ministries.  :)  I love freebies.

Tonight, Graham and Drew went to their friend's soccer game.  They went to eat buffalo wings afterward, and apparently, Drew burned his lips on them.  Poor thing...it looks painful.  This is the same kid who once threw up violently, after eating hot wings that were labeled as volcanic.

Yup.  I couldn't make this stuff up.

I saw this tonight, and I loved it.  It immediately struck a chord within me, because as women, we are not often "real" with one another.


I was talking to a sweet friend about this kind of thing last night...and wondering why we don't ask each other to pray more often.  It's baffling to me, but I want to work at being more open with the friends around me.

I'll leave you with one more image, one that made me die laughing one night.


I found this on Facebook one night and about spewed my drink across the room.  Remember when your kids were young, and you hated when they screamed?  Yup.  This perfectly defines my feelings.

Well, I hope you had a great day!  I'm heading up to try to read a lot of my book.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...