Monday, March 3, 2014

weekend

My sweet Noah played his last basketball game of the season Friday night.  This was their tournament, and they lost to the number one team by two points.  I would say that makes them number two.  :)  It was a good game~the kind I alternately love and hate.  The crowd was going crazy, and I kept thinking how much fun that must have been for all the team to hear.


I was a little relieved that we didn't have to spend Saturday at more tournament games.  It was gorgeous outside, and my kids were gone most of the day.  They rode bikes to the church and watched their friends' games, and they were just out and about.  All day long.  I spent a good portion of the day by myself, watching whatever I wanted on tv.  :)  I love not sharing a remote!

We had dinner at my mom's Saturday night, then I came home and went to bed kinda early.  I took a picture of Andy in my room~he goes to bed when I do every night.


He's a little too big for his dog bed.  He doesn't seem to mind too much, though.

We had a lovely morning at church, starting at 8:30, then came home and made lunch.  Graham and Drew had plans to go to Winter Jam.  I'm so glad they still went, in spite of the ice they were expecting late last night.  They had amazing seats.  Here's a picture of Colton Dixon that Graham took.


They had a great time and made it safely back home around one this morning.  I stayed up to wait on them and just barely made it.  I'm used to going to bed at ten something every night.

This morning we woke up to some snowy ice.  I don't know what else to call it.  It looks like snow, but it isn't, it's just sleet or ice that froze overnight.  My husband rode a shift last night, in the Millington area of Memphis.  He left at two something and still hasn't made it back home yet.  Millington got hit with much more than we did, and there are trees down everywhere and wrecks galore.  I don't know how he does it~staying up all night like that.  He's been up for twenty-six hours, having only slept for four hours before that.

Speaking of all this snowy ice, here's a picture of what our street looks like.


Most of it's already gone.  Make fun of it, if you want, but it doesn't snow much in Memphis.  And people may overreact to our lack of wintry mix and their decisions to close schools, but some areas were hit really bad, like the area where Todd is right now.  I'm glad they closed schools for the safety of the kids.  After a bad decision not to close them a few weeks ago, I think this was in their best interest.  My kids are glad to have friends around to play with today.

That was our weekend.  I hope yours was great.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...