Friday, March 14, 2014

some things and Thursday


This kid.  I don't know if I'll ever get used to him driving!  I'm sure that eventually the newness will wear off and I'll quit taking pictures of him on the sly.  Or maybe not.  ;)  He still needs practice before he's allowed on major roads.  According to me, anyway.  Last night his Papa let him drive his truck to the pizza place on back roads.  Papa is braver than me.  Maybe he can come and let him drive all the time!

Last night, I had so much fun!  My mom-in-love invited me out to dinner and a movie.  The movie was a sneak preview of a new movie coming out on May 9th, Mother's day weekend.  It's called Mom's Night Out.


Y'all.  I didn't have high hopes for this movie, I'll be honest.  Usually these movies can be low-budget movies and the acting can be a little on the hokey side.  But this movie was not like that!  This is quite possibly the funniest movie I have ever seen.  I laughed so hard that I cried at one point.  I won't spoil it for you, but it is the perfect movie for the mom who thinks her life is crazy and chaotic.  And don't we all think that, at one time or another?!

There were well-known people in this movie, too, including Patricia Heaton (The Middle, Everybody Loves Raymond), Sean Astin (Rudy), Sarah Drew (Grey's Anatomy) and Trace Adkins.

If you are the movie-going type, go the weekend this comes out!  You won't regret it-especially when you're wiping the tears from laughter rolling down your face.

Phyllis and I also participated in an after-the-movie-interview.  Who knows, you just might see us on tv!

It was a great night.  This sneak preview was at the Paradiso, a really nice movie theater in Memphis.


Forgive me for the blurry picture.  I was trying to hurry and get this before driving off.  There were a couple a people in a truck behind me that freaked me out.  I know...I am so paranoid.  And possibly for dumb for stopping to snap this picture all for my blog, and the three of you who read it.  That's okay, though.  ;)

I took my time getting home, I am not going to lie.  The weather was amazing last night and the sky was gloriously full of stars.  I rolled the windows down, opened up the moon roof and sang along to K-Love at the top of my lungs.  I also made a stop before coming home.


I've been wanting to try the new vanilla macchiato from Starbucks, and last night was the perfect excuse.  That, and a gift card burning a hole in my wallet that my sister gave me.  I bought my favorite man a drink, too, a caramel macchiato.  I even got the venti.  I know, I know...total splurge on calories AND money.  Thank you, Trish, for giving me your gift card!

In other happenings, I had to share that the Lord has been showing off for my family the past couple days.  He answered two major prayer requests and one minor request, all in the last twenty-four hours.  He is so good to us, and I had no doubt that He would handle the situation the best way He saw fit.

One of the major requests was for my friend's mom-in-love that I mentioned on here last week.  She pulled through her surgery with flying colors, and I am confident that the Lord will carry her through the rest of her recovery.  The minor request was the fact that Jonah's brand new bike (his birthday present) was stolen two nights ago.  He wasn't at home when it was stolen, he was on the trail that's near our road.  He had left his bike on the trail, and he, Noah and Alex were in this ravine thing.  A few teenagers were walking on the trail, and one of them rode off on Jonah's bike.  Long story short, my Super Man of a husband found the teens and got the bike back.

I prayed the entire hour we were driving around looking.  I know it's just a bike, and I know that the Lord has more important things He can answer, but I think He knew that we couldn't afford to buy him another almost hundred-dollar bike if this one hadn't been found.  My mom-in-love was praying the entire time, too.  ("The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." James 5:16)

Our other major request was one of the financial variety, and once again, God heard our pleas and He answered our request.

"All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen." Jude 1:25

I tell you these things, not to brag, but to glorify my Lord and Savior.  And to encourage you in your prayers...if you feel like giving up and throwing in the towel, don't!  The way I pray is this: I thank Him, I praise Him, I lay out my heart before Him, but then I tell Him that I trust Him and that I know He will answer my request according to whatever His will may be.  And whatever His will is-whether what I want or what He thinks is best, and not necessarily the way I want it to turn out-I know and trust that He will carry us through.

He is so good to us...more than I can ever comprehend.  I know He can be that for you, too.  So, whatever you're praying earnestly for, keep on praying!  He knows and He hears.  

One last thing I want to share on here and that is that my sister Teri desperately needs prayer.  She was in the ICU for one week in a hospital near where she lives in North Carolina with double pneumonia.  They moved her to a regular room on Saturday or Sunday of last week, and she still was not improving the way they had hoped.  They had her transported to another hospital for some testing on her lungs, one of which was a biopsy.  Yesterday, in case they had to do surgery, they put her on a ventilator.  Please keep her in your prayers...she really needs them.  

Thanks, in advance.  I hope you enjoy your day...and that you get to enjoy the outdoors if the weather is nice.  Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your sister! I will definately be keeping her in prayer. Even though it is difficult, God can use this for His glory. He is the Great Physician & is in ultimate control. I love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kailyn! He definitely can...thank you for that reminder! Love you much, sweet girl!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...