Tuesday, March 4, 2014

snow day

I could be that mom and homeschool on days when there's snow, but at this time in my life, I don't have to do that.  If the kids in public school are out, I let mine enjoy the day off.  Especially because we don't get even dustings of snow very often, so why not?  That being said, we enjoyed a loverly day off yesterday.  It was worth it.

It's funny what happens when kids start to get older...they don't get as excited over "snow" as they used to.  In fact, when we woke up to white everywhere yesterday morning, they just rolled back over and went back to sleep.  A few hours later, they did want me to take them out in it and I did oblige.  I thought I would share some pictures.


I know, I know.  It's kinda pathetic, our snow day, but we'll take it.  It was beautiful and they enjoyed every second of the white stuff.  This area in our neighborhood used to be a house with a pretty pond and gazebo in front of it.  The city bought the land and tore the house down last year to make a retention area for extra rainwater to drain into.  Thank you, The Ville, for a fun new area to sled.

We came back home after about an hour of this for them to thaw out, because they were thoroughly frozen.  I got out to take this picture then went back to my car.

When we got back home, Todd helped them with their newly activated iPhones.  Just Graham and Drew, I mean.  Jonah and Noah don't have phones and don't need them.  The phones aren't new, just new to them.  They each got a great deal and bought them with their own money that they had leftover from Christmas.


Such a sweet daddy.  :)

We stayed in for the rest of the day, and after (a yummy) dinner, I took them out for some nighttime sledding.  We had never done that before, but I think we started something new and fun.  This time we went to my church.  In the back of the lot, there's this area with a great hill for them to go down.


It's hard to see, I know, but you get the drift.


Mr. Crazy, himself.  ;)  They had a great time.  We came back home, the boys popped some popcorn and went upstairs to watch a movie, and Todd and I stayed downstairs to watch The Voice.

It was a lovely day.  I hope yours was, too!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Currently: the happy May edition

  Happy Wednesday, and happy MAY!! I'm so excited that it's this time of year and that summer is so close that I can almost taste it...